Hi, I'm new here, and relatively new to BlackBerry. My problem involves Yahoo Messenger and ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

cyclone21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300B1243

Question Yahoo Messenger---Alltel Blackberry 7250

Advertisement

Hi, I'm new here, and relatively new to BlackBerry. My problem involves Yahoo Messenger and my 7250. I can't get it to work. Specifically, when I click on the Yahoo icon on the home screen, it says "signing in". But that's all that happens. I have let it go for over an hour, and all I get is the hourglass, and the "signing in" notification.

I've been through countless emails with Blackberry support, attempting to solve the problem, with no luck. We've tried all the obvious things; deleting application and re-installing, deleting service books, upgrading the OS (I have version 4.1.0.291), among other things that I'm at a loss to remember right now. It has become quite frustrating.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does service with Alltel require some sort of work around? Am I just out of luck?

Thanks much, in advance, if anyone can help me out here.

r3nb72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202a1a6f

Re: Yahoo Messenger---Alltel Blackberry 7250

Hi cyclone21, are you sure you hv the correct TCP settings?

cyclone21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300B1243

Quote Originally Posted by r3nb72
    Hi cyclone21, are you sure you hv the correct TCP settings?
    Hi r3. To answer your question, no I'm not, lol! I can tell you that everything else is working just fine though. My email (from a Yahoo address), SMS, and web browser, have been working great on the handheld. Is that a totally separate issue from Messenger? Are there some other settings I should check in regards to that?

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Depending on your OS version, go into your options, service book. Or options, advanced options, service book, and see if you have the service book for Yahoo. Thats a good start. If you do, then its a connection issue. If you dont, then your provider HAS NOT sent them to you, and you will not be able to use yahoo.