Hey all, I've searched this site over and I find alot of info regarding Yahoo ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

ericboutin no está en línea Stack level 1

Yahoo IM...What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement

Hey all,
    I've searched this site over and I find alot of info regarding Yahoo IM but I can't find an answer to this particular problem.
    Using my BB browser and the links under "Free software" etc I get to the download for Yahoo IM; I download OTA and all is fine. It says it successfully loaded. When I open it...it allows me to enter my name and password (I've had an account with Yahoo for years) but when I click "Sign In" it tells me "I must register my account for use on a this Blackberry device" or something to that effect.

My phone is a Nextel/Sprint 7520 ver 4.0xxxx...our company is running a BES. I tried this on one of my co-workers 7100i and it worked fine (it is a company account for all the BB's)...allowed me to load it, run it and sign in. It then showed all my contacts etc. I've used this for years on my Treo's and I'm kinda attached - I wish I could get it to work on this BB.

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks Eric
    </SPAN>
    Y

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Yahoo IM...What am I doing wrong?

Did you try doing a battery pull reset before running the application?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Hmm I sure didn't. So download it again and before I run it pull the batt and wait 30 - 45 sec and power up again? Hokey doke, I'll try it...Thanks I'll post back.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

You can just try the battery pull if you're pretty sure you downloaded it correctly the first time. Leave the battery out for 2-3 minutes.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

tdisom no está en línea Stack level 2

IF you haven't opened that account in a long time yahoo will deactivate the account and IM will not recognize your log in; that could be your problem as well.

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i had the same problem and i am with att and i just gave up if ya'll have any ideas im game...mine did the same thing as eric up there and i tried all that and reloaded and deleted amd redownloaded still nothing

I use yahoo everyday...several times a day. I just re-downloaded it and it said it was successful...did the first batt pull...no luck...did another...no luck...I'll try leaving it out for a longer time this time. On that last pull I went to Service Books and there is nothing listed for yahoo in there. I'm thinking that is bad. We'll see what happens in say....5 more mins. I'll put batt back in and see if it worked. Thanks for the suggestions.

Eric

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Well my real solution is just download JiveTalk, but thats a pay for program and some peeps aren't into that. Well worth the money, tho...

Welp that's a bummer to say the least...Guess I'm gonna take a page from Hippie's book and forget it. I left the battery out well over 5 mins and still nothing when I put it back in. It is crazy that it doesn't work but oh well....there's always email back and forth I guess. Thanks again all for the help!

Eric

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by the hippie
    i had the same problem and i am with att and i just gave up if ya'll have any ideas im game...mine did the same thing as eric up there and i tried all that and reloaded and deleted amd redownloaded still nothing
    Your problem is with AT&T aka Cingular. They don't support Yahoo IM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Here is how to get Yahoo to work on a Cingular device. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._cingular.html

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Sounds to me like it's missing a service book. Try these, in no particular order: go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Click and resend the service books. Pull the battery and restart. Login to your carriers BIS page and resend the service books from there. If none of that works, call customer service and ask for the Blackberry folks and ask them to resend all your service books.

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Here is how to get Yahoo to work on a Cingular device. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._cingular.html
    this is the site i used when i did it but it still no worky

N1tr0u543 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c87f57

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had the same problem. 7520/nextel. I download and go to log on and get: Please register your device at www.blackberry.com/go /// but when u go there its the same exact page that you downloaded the app ota. I found out that what you have to do is go to the free download of y! Link, get the link address and download it on your cpu, then put on ur bb via desktop manager. That's what I've heard through the grapevine. Not completely sure if it works. Post back.

Well I got it up and running. How you ask? Well I had the original OS on this phone so I loaded the Desktop software and then updated the desktop software to ver 4.2xxxx....and then I downloaded the newest version for this particular phone ver 4.1xxxxx.... After the upgrades things that didn't work before are now working including yahoo messenger. It was still loaded from before and after the upgrade I held my breath and clicked "sign in' and much to my surprise it logged in!! Thanks for everyones suggestions!

Eric