Hi, I'm new. And I'm... yes. I'm stuck in a ridiculous situation. Let's just say ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

a2h
    a2h no está en línea Stack level 1

Where to Find USB Cord for 7290?

Advertisement

Hi, I'm new. And I'm... yes. I'm stuck in a ridiculous situation.

Let's just say I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do since I got a Blackberry 7290 from a relative, with nothing except for an unlocked T-Mobile (US) phone and a charger.

PLUS I live in Australia AND I want to install some themes.

Anyone know of any way I can get my hands on a USB cord, since it appears to be what I need for doing all that?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well, if you get blackberry services in australia, you can get most themes as OTA (over the air) downloads...

If the device has a mini usb port, that cable shouldn't be hard to find. I'm sure you'll be able to find one off ebay for a couple of dollars... They're relatively inexpensive... Or, you can hit the nearest electronics store...

Good luck...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by a2h View Post
    Hi, I'm new. And I'm... yes. I'm stuck in a ridiculous situation.

Let's just say I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do since I got a Blackberry 7290 from a relative, with nothing except for an unlocked T-Mobile (US) phone and a charger.

PLUS I live in Australia AND I want to install some themes.

Anyone know of any way I can get my hands on a USB cord, since it appears to be what I need for doing all that?
    7290 used a generic USB mini cable. Talk to friends that have other models of BlackBerrys and see if they have an extra (the same style cable is used on all BBs); check on the internet (Ebay, etc.); cell phone shops would also be a great possibility because that cable is also used for Motorola phones like the RAZR and probably many other brands.

Fortunately the cable you're looking for is very common!

Good to have you at Pinstack!

a2h
    a2h no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mini USB? My external hard drive uses one!

I just tried it and it's detected!

Now the only problem now is downloading the desktop manager, 4.1 and all that on my 5gb of monthly bandwith.

Quote Originally Posted by a2h View Post
    Mini USB? My external hard drive uses one!

I just tried it and it's detected!

Now the only problem now is downloading the desktop manager, 4.1 and all that on my 5gb of monthly bandwith.
    Go here:

Latest Official OS for 77xx/72xx Older Series - As of Oct 25, 2008

All the software, including Desktop Manager, is listed. The final release for the 7290 is OS 4.1.0.377. Most of the downloads include the Desktop Manager and the OS bundled together.

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Try cnn.cn for the cable. Cheap and quick.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~