It started today on my BB 7520. Each time I try to dial my voice ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

hotmix no está en línea Stack level 1

Vioce Mail extra Digits!!!!

Advertisement

It started today on my BB 7520. Each time I try to dial my voice mail, either directly or by using a speed dial, extra digits are added to the end, and my call does not go through!! HELP The digits change in number of digits and the digits them selves. HELP!!!!

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: Vioce Mail extra Digits!!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I can't come up with how it could have happened but I may have a solution. Go into "Phone" click your trackwheel and select "Options". In this menu select "Voice Mail". You can edit the access # there and make sure its correct. Other than that my only solution would be to contact your service provider. Good luck. Hope this helps.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Have you checked to voicemail number in the settings? Look to see if its the right number. To do this go to the call log>options>voicemail> and then check the number.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Ok sorry for the earlier post. I told you how to do this using a pearl so I'm not sure if it will work with your phone.

COJO 24

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

This happens quite a lot on some of our 7520's. Most times a battery pull clears the issue. Its strange how the number somehow gets edited, but it does just change on its own.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hotmix no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Vioce Mail extra Digits!!!!

All the comments were insiteful, but the winner is....DCookSta Pulling the battery initiated a security program and when it was fired back up, the problem was gone. Could it be some sort of virus? I am very careful. It had me stumpped. Thank you all for your help

tabsafe2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400CFAE2

Thanks DCookSta. The battery pull worked when nothing else that I tried did.

captainflake no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Voice Mail extra Digits!!!!

This is also happing to my 7520. I took it into Nextel and they stated it was a software issue (Wrong) and gave me a new phone. The issue will correct itself eventually. I seems to happen when there is a missed call, the phone does not show a missed call, but then states that there is a voicemail. I have removed the battery a few times and it still doesnt work, but when I recieved another call and a voicemail was left, I was then able to access. Very interesting indeed and it is driving me crazy. I have had my BB add up to 15 extra numbes at the end, even when I dial the number by hand.

I will try to call my phone and leave a voicemail, the next time and see if it kicks it out of this mode.

Word to moms!, Matt

mcmichaels no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Voice Mail extra Digits!!!!

This happens frequently to our president, so I am eager to find the final solution. The temporary one, though, is to pull the battery or reset the password using the admin login on the mynextel site. If the battery pull takes too long or doesn't work, I just use the website. It sends the handheld an email when it has been reset, and automatically resets to the 7 digit phone number.
    Danna Seigle,
    McMichael's Construction Co., Inc.
    www.mcmichaelsconstruction.com

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Honestly I think the best solution is to upgrade off the 7520. It's a software issue that at least Nextel doesn't have any interest in fixing.