Hi. I am new to this fourm, but if it is like other product fourms ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

lkewin no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Typical Battery Life - 7290?

Advertisement

Hi. I am new to this fourm, but if it is like other product fourms I belog to, as sure I will learn a lot.

Up until last week I had been using a company issued 7280 and it worked great. I could typically go 6-7 days between chanrges, if I did not use the cell phone a lot. The display went bad (all garbled) so my company IT group issued me a new (used) Blackberry. The one I have now is a 7290 and the first thing I noticed is I am lucky if I get a day and a half out of a fully changed battery. I asked our IT group and they said that was normal, but since the 7280 I had lasted so much longer I am questioning what, if anything can be changed in the configuration to extend the battery life, or if 1-2 days is normal?

SOme additional details about my useage, which is the same now as before, but I am adding in case anyone is interested. Our company has a Blackberry Exchange server and I use wireless outlook file reconcilliation (Mail, Calendar, Tasks, etc) but sync my address book manually when connected to the USB cable.

Any help woul dbe appreciated...
    Lar

CLLCLL no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Typical Battery Life - 7290?

We support lots of those, and I would say the average battery life should be 4 to 5 days at least for most data users, with a few calls here and there. Of course cell phone usage is a battery killer, and if you are using Bluetooth with it, it's much worse. If you are not using Bluetooth and are only seeing a day and a half, I think you need a new battery.