I have a user that has subfolders under her sent items in Outlook and she ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

kenmoorer no está en línea Stack level 1

Sent Items Filed Message question

Advertisement

I have a user that has subfolders under her sent items in Outlook and she files messages there as well as subfolders under her inbox. When she files them in the folders under the inbox they reconcile and don't show up in the inbox. But when she files them in the sent emails subfolders they stay in the inbox and are filed in the sent items. Does anyone know if I can get the sent item subfolders to show on the Blackberry? We are using the BES. It doesn't look promising. Thank you for any help you can provide.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Sent Items Filed Message question

Ken, does your user have her BB set to keep copies of sent messages? If she doesn't, it won't reconcile because it won't find the file on her BB to move to the subfolder. I hope that helps.

Save copy in sent folder is set to yes. They show up in the sent items folder but what she would like to do is when they are filed in there for them to be separate from her inbox. For example she only has 3 emails in her inbox the rest of the emails are in subfolders. She has a few subfolders under the sent items such as Sent to Agent or Sent to Whoever etc. Those folders don't even show on the Blackberry under Folder Redirection it stops at Sent items.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Ken, I just tried it. Set up a subfolder in sent messages - from outlooks moved several items to the subfolder and they showed up on the subfolder in my BB. Hmmmm.

Maybe you should double check her Redirector Settings and have her do a battery pull reset.

This is strange. Her messages will show up under sent items but the other subfolders created won't show up. In the options I have hide file messages and sent messages set to yes. I changed sent messages to no to see if that did anything for me and it didn't so I changed it back. Save Copy in Sent Folder is yes. Under Folder Redirection Inbox and Sent Items are checked. I don't know what else to look at. I looked at the Redirector and the settings were the same. This is a 7250 BB if that makes a difference. I've wiped it and testing it under my ID now to have complete access to the mailbox. It doesn't look promising. Thank you for your help.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Sounds like you've tried everything I could think of. Let's give it a little while for someone else to weigh in. There are a lot of BES experts here on the Stacks with significantly more BES knowledge than I have. Hopefully they can help you through this the rest of the way.

Hey! Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it.
    P.S. I like the Avatar!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Any time. Thanks and Good luck!

ljbyar. I looked at my personal Blackberry and I'm able to get the subfolders to show under my sent items as well. That is very strange to me. The only difference I can find between myself and this user is under Email Filters my device by default lists "To & BCC Default" and "CC Default" with no check marks but the other device has "No Filters" I wouldn't think that would make the difference but weirder things have been the case.