What type of ringtones can be used on a 7520? I'm looking for the TV ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

Ringtones for a 7520?

Advertisement

What type of ringtones can be used on a 7520? I'm looking for the TV show 24.Any ideas? Thanks.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Ringtones for a 7520?

I believe the 7520 will play monotone midi ringtones. I'll see if I can double check that information.

drpooper no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4015816B

yeah the 7520 only plays the old fashioned ringtones...that is the only thing I didnt like about it, but other than that a great bb

gannas no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40114A7E

Seems like the 7520 should be powerful enough to decode wav/mp3. Do you think it'd be possible for a future version of OS to support hi-fi ringtones on the 7520 or should I not hold my breath?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I wouldn't hold my breath. The 7520 uses the older chipset. So far only the BBs with the newer Intel chipset play mp3 for sure and wav ringtones.

Sorry,
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I agree, the 7520 will probably never support those type of ringers. Those phones are being phased out by Sprint-Nextel, so I dont see them releasing a feature to try and save those series of BB.

almondbrowne no está en línea Stack level 1

where do you all get your rings for the 7520? I have tried a few links of pinstack in the past and haven't had any luck installing them? any advice? thanks....in dire need of more rings!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

gannas no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40114A7E

I have had very sad results with ringtones. Even the ones I find that happen to be midi, if I make my own midi, or any other midi files I play with the ringtone player end up with messed up tempo and never represent what they are supposed to.

I've pretty much given up. It's a business device, I'm using it for business, so what can I expect? Not much. Kind of a pisser that the full QWERTY options are pretty lame when it comes to iDEN support.

Eh, oh well. So goes life. Hopefully we'll see a good option come down the road in the next years. I am extremely patient when it comes to feature phones; I've already been through the B/W Sidekick, Color Sidekick, Sidekick II debacle. Sidekicks can teach _anyone_ patience, especially us former early adopters.