Hi, does anyone know how to remove the password on the 7280. It's annoying to ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

gmiller no está en línea Stack level 1

Removing password protect on 7280

Advertisement

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the password on the 7280. It's annoying to type while driving. I want to have access to my BB without typing in the password and when I go under Security and want to change 'Password: enabled' there is no option for 'disabled'. I can only change the password or wipe the unit (and I'm not even sure that would solve the issue) HELP

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Removing password protect on 7280

Are you on BES?

jsmith42 no está en línea Stack level 2

Options -> Security -> and then "General Settings"

Highlight the the word "enabled" next to password.

Depress the track wheel and select the "change option" option. Press enter.

Select "disabled" and press enter.

That works on my 7250 and it should be the same on almost any blackberry with a recent firmware.

On a side note... be carefull using the BB while driving. It's illegal in some areas and is often dangerus even if it's legal.
    Last edited by jsmith42; 01-13-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: adding a note

Quote Originally Posted by gmiller View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how to remove the password on the 7280. It's annoying to type while driving. I want to have access to my BB without typing in the password and when I go under Security and want to change 'Password: enabled' there is no option for 'disabled'. I can only change the password or wipe the unit (and I'm not even sure that would solve the issue) HELP
    If, in the security area, there is no option to disable the password, then you have an IT policy enabled on your device. Companies will place IT policies to protect information and to control the use of their devices. In your case, the IT policy is designed to keep your BB passworded so, if lost or stolen, no one can access sensitive information. If your Berry is on a BES and it's your company's device, you just need to learn to live with it. If it's your private handheld, then the IT policy can be removed. First, though, confirm that there is an IT policy - look at the bottom of the same screen in Security where the option to disable the password is. If there is any mention of an IT policy there, then you have one. Follow the steps at this link to remove it: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy, Seems a little long-winded, but it works well to free up your device. Enjoy!