I was planning on using the 4.1 OS software for the 7250 for Telstra on ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

chachi no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about 7250 verizon and 4.1

Advertisement

I was planning on using the 4.1 OS software for the 7250 for Telstra on my Verizon phone.

I would like EVDO and the option to tether, not sure what other reasons there would be to upgrade.

Today is day #1 with my BB and I formerly used PPC, so it's a little different and strange but it's cool for sure.

I would like to upgrade to 4.1 though, but it seems that Verizon's site (vzw.smithmicro.com) doesn't support the 4.1, which seems really goofy to me.

One big thing, is am I going to have to go back to the IT guy to have him reactivate the Enterprise server feature also??

I did some searching but it is still unclear on how the 4.1 works on the 7250 for the verizon service..hopefully this thread may shed some light on that for people like me

Thank you for your time,

Brett

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Re: Question about 7250 verizon and 4.1

4.1 for Verizon will be out soon. They are finishing up with some tests, and then they will release it. If you install the Telstra 4.1, you will loose the ability to tether. Just use the newest Verizon software, 4.0.2, and you will be able to tether with that.

I d/l the software from http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/vzw402/ and then I upgraded my 7250 to the 4.0.2 and did then dialed *22899 including the asterik before the five numbers.

I'm 1XEV now

S-Lo no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried the VZW 4.0.2 DL and it forze my BB7250, taking nearly 90 minutes to reboot and then freezing immediately thereafter. After two hours on the phone with VZW data tech support, they told me this was a common problem and that they would need to replace my BB (free). After another hour, I used the Telstra 4.1 DL...hoala!!! No problems. I'll try tethering tomorrow.

PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Quote Originally Posted by S-Lo
    I tried the VZW 4.0.2 DL and it forze my BB7250, taking nearly 90 minutes to reboot and then freezing immediately thereafter. After two hours on the phone with VZW data tech support, they told me this was a common problem and that they would need to replace my BB (free). After another hour, I used the Telstra 4.1 DL...hoala!!! No problems. I'll try tethering tomorrow.
    More the likely tethering will not work. It needs to be the Verizon branded os for tethering to work. At least with 99 percent of others who have tried.

PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Quote Originally Posted by chachi
    I d/l the software from http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/vzw402/ and then I upgraded my 7250 to the 4.0.2 and did then dialed *22899 including the asterik before the five numbers.

I'm 1XEV now
    Glad it worked!!

rcaufield no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32aac283

I called verizon confirmed that I have broadband connect on the plan and did the upgrade.
    It worked great! After performing it, the hourglass spun for about 15mins, but it eventually finished rebooting. I am not always staying in EVDO but it is there.
    I have seen 1X and 1XEV.
    The entire device seems to perform faster than before the upgrade, which is a great thing since it was getting on my nerves.

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

I'm curious when the 4.1 will be out for Verizon...

Or when an 8700 will be available for Verizon!!