I bought a 7290 a week ago. It's having some problems keeping the signal. I ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

mattkbryant no está en línea Stack level 1

problems with signal

I bought a 7290 a week ago. It's having some problems keeping the signal. I can get the signal with my 7230, and my other phones, but the 7290 will hold it for a second, then lose it and either show SOS or X and No Service.

I called Cingular and they said send it back. Well, that's not really my favorite option right now. So I need to narrow down what the problem could be. Is it possible that it's a software issue? Or is it a hardware issue?

I've already wiped the device and reinstalled OSes til I'm sick of it. I tried old ones, and I tried the newest (from Cingular--4.1 maybe?). Seems the same on each version. Kinda makes me think it's not software, but man I hope it is.

If it's hardware, could I take the thing apart and wiggle the antenna or anything like that to fix it? It was a used device, and I bought a warranty, but that doesn't kick in until day 61 from purchase. Well, everything else works, and I have extra phones, so I'm thinking I can just wait it out til then. But I'm impatient.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm willing to try the most severe fixes.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Re: problems with signal

mattkbryant, Welcome to PinStack.

Sounds to me like, since you"ve already gone through the OS reloads, then it a hardware problem, and there's probably nothing that you can do about it without a good electronics tool kit and some costly test equipment. And then you would need to know where to look with the test equipment. I think your best bet if follow the advice os Cingular.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    pm me

Re: problems with signal

~via BB (