I'm a longtime BB owner, first time poster. After having a 957 forever, I now ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

yyycmb1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Password Keeper on 7290 with v4.0

Advertisement

I'm a longtime BB owner, first time poster. After having a 957 forever, I now have a 7290. I love all the features, but where is the password keeper? I'm on v4.0.0.219 (Cingular) and see references to this app in the doc and in your threads. I don't have the app, my BES support didn't know about it until I showed them the doc and feature lists. Does it not really show up until we go to v4.1? Thanks.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Password Keeper on 7290 with v4.0

I know it is on 4.1 but also might be on v4.0.2.93. You can d/l that one here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

yyycmb1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks - that seemed to do it. The Password Keeper app seems to be defaulted to off (unchecked), so I almost wasted my time for the install and still didn't get it. Glad I poked around.

FYI Oddly enough, the Cingular ....2.93 release downloads and is labelled as such, but installs as ....2.56
    Oh well.

MirandaSoft no está en línea Stack level 2

I also have the BlackBerry 7290 from Cingular... I am using the Password Keeper. I had to upgrade all the system software, first, to have it appear.

I wish there was a utility to migrate SplashID data on the Treo 600 to Password Keeper on the BlackBerry 7290. Lots of data entry...

Marcos