Ok guy I just got my 7290 on the 29th of December. I went to ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

Kasey no está en línea Stack level 1

Noob: No internet on my 7290 :(

Advertisement

Ok guy I just got my 7290 on the 29th of December. I went to the CIngular store and added the unlimited data plan on the 30th. It has not yet been able to connect to the internet. Cingular phone help was not helpful at all. They said they will try to resend an over the air registration again. :ahh: On the main screen(homescreen) it says at the top, DATA CONNECTION REFUSED. Also at the signal bars it says gprs but its in lower case. when I clcik the Cingular globe icon i get an error message reading.

"Unable to open PDP Context to the following APN : blackberry.net
    This may be happening because the currently selected Browser configuration is not compatible with the current network." WTF?

All I want to do is be able to read my email and view HTML web pages...lol. Any help would be super super appreciated.
    Blackberry 7290

I am new to the Blackberry so any help is appreciated :)

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

Re: Noob: No internet on my 7290 :(

Did you register your blackberry on the webclient? Go to www.cingular.com/blackberrystart and register an account. Once you've done this, you can resend your service books. Do this by clicking "Profile" at the top of the screen and then clicking "Send Service Book" at the bottom. See if this helps...
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Settings found at 'options' / 'TCP'...

Cingular users

Cingular users have to call Cingular and ask for the "Data Connect" plan ($5/month Media plan) in addition to existing "BlackBerry Unlimited Data". Both data plans are required simultaneously. The easiest way is to say that since your company does not provide you with BES, so you need to add "Data Connect" services to your bill in addition to the "Unlimited Data Plan".
    Once this is done, you will have several additional line items that show up on your Cingular bill (this may vary):

WIX EXTENDED INTERNET $0.00
    WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00
    WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00

You should use the following TCP settings in your BlackBerry:
    APN: wap.cingular
    User Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

The wap.cingular APN is the official Cingular recommended APN. An alternate configuration is an APN of "isp.cingular" with username "ISPDA@CINGULARGPRS.COM" and password of "CINGULAR1".
    Select direct TCP/IP in IM+ Settings

Cingular users who were brought over from the AT&T merger
    Cingular clients who were brought over from the AT&T merger cannot use the method above, it won't work. If you call Cingular, they will tell you that you can't use that method until you convert your current phone to a Cingular SIM card or purchase a new phone entirely. If you ask for the "Data Plan", they won't have any idea what you're talking about.

The solution is simple. AT&T customers brought over already have TCP/IP enabled... they just have to go to their TCP settings ('options' / 'tcp') and put "proxy" in for the APN (username and password are left blank). That's it. After that, IM+ works!

Find more Blackberry APN settings here:
    http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfa...106&artlang=en

For email follow Gabe's instructions!
    Last edited by hayden; 01-03-2006 at 05:41 PM.

Kasey no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help guys. I am calling now to have them add the data connect $5 plan to my account.

After this happens will I then be able to get on the internet? I swear my TREO was easier...lol

I just want to be able to go to google and mapquest and regular web pages not, lame stocks and sports scores crap that isnt really the net. lol. I dunno what all needs to be done, I wish i had someone local to setup my BB.
    Blackberry 7290

I am new to the Blackberry so any help is appreciated :)

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

Don't add the data connect plan!! It's not required! Just tell them to add the "wap.cingular" APN to your account. You do not need to pay any additional money to use data (I don't).
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

You will also have to get the proper service books sent to your BB in order to browse the web.

Just2fitz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23C478C1

Great thing I have Tmobile--CheA!