Got used BB 7520 on Ebay. Need to know what do 1st? Got i530 now. ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

Cannonball2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New Guy BB 7520

Advertisement

Got used BB 7520 on Ebay. Need to know what do 1st? Got i530 now. Will the sim card work?

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: New Guy BB 7520

First, welcome to the stacks. Is the BB from the same service provider as the i530?
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

Yes Nextel.

Well with Nextel, I believe that you will have to go the a store to have the phone activated to your account. You will have to be sure that the PIN and the IMEI have been released. If not, you may have to contact the seller to ask them to have the PIN and IMEI released. When this happens you can have the phone activated on your account. If you want to use the data functions, then you would need to select a BB data plan to add to your voice plan.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

If I switch the sim card will it work? I'm not wanting to get a data plan at this time. I need it for the calendar and task portion. Will my I-530 sim card work for this? I have the BB-7520 sim card also. What type of software do I need as the one I recently puchased did not come with any?

Yes, I am sorry I was thinking wrong. Yes, you can just take the SIM out of i530 and put it in the 7520. You need to go to this site to download BB Desktop for your PC.BB Desktop

I guess i had forgotten that Nextel had SIM cards. Sorry about that.
    -- ZJ

I have also read up on this since my last post and I see that there is a possibility that you may have service issues such as interrupted calls if the SIM is not programmed to the phone. It looks like it may work, but you may service issues. It may be the best bet to go to a Nextel store.
    -- ZJ

Thanks Farmer

No problem. Good luck!
    -- ZJ

What v4.1