I recently purchased a 7230. The phone doesn't pick up a strong signal when I'm ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

bbnovice422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Need help with signal issues

Advertisement

I recently purchased a 7230. The phone doesn't pick up a strong signal when I'm at work. I know it's not a problem with the network because my other phone could pick up strong signals everywhere I went.

Are there some settings that I should check in my phone's setup?

Re: Need help with signal issues

Quote Originally Posted by bbnovice422
    I recently purchased a 7230. The phone doesn't pick up a strong signal when I'm at work. I know it's not a problem with the network because my other phone could pick up strong signals everywhere I went.

Are there some settings that I should check in my phone's setup?
    No, there's no way to adjust the reception, other than by walking around the room to find the best spot. Or moving your desk by the window -- On all my BlackBerrys, I've had a weaker signal than Motorolas or Nokias that I've owned, but not enough to make a real difference in use.

bbnovice422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    No, there's no way to adjust the reception, other than by walking around the room to find the best spot. Or moving your desk by the window -- On all my BlackBerrys, I've had a weaker signal than Motorolas or Nokias that I've owned, but not enough to make a real difference in use.
    Yeah, I enjoy texting on it far more than my other phone but, unfortunately I can't make or receive calls or messages while at work unless I go outside. The strange thing is that the phone will read -80db and still say searching for signal. Hopefully I won't have to go back to my old phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnovice422
    Yeah, I enjoy texting on it far more than my other phone but, unfortunately I can't make or receive calls or messages while at work unless I go outside. The strange thing is that the phone will read -80db and still say searching for signal. Hopefully I won't have to go back to my old phone.
    In my experience (Your Mileage My Vary) the 7100 and the 7105 that I've owned have better reception than the QWERTY devices (6230,7230,7290). I think it's because the 7100 series handhelds were marketed towards people that needed phones with good PIM aps, with a side order of push email, as opposed to primarily data devices that happened to have a phone.