Hi All! Recently, I have had encountered an issue with my unit wherein I'll loss ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

nino_balatan no está en línea Stack level 1

Need help: BB 7290 Error

Advertisement

Hi All!

Recently, I have had encountered an issue with my unit wherein I'll loss signal for hours and my unit would just read: Searching for Network our Out of Coverage area. I would normally do a hard reboot (removing the batt and all) but it will just solve the issue temporarily. My BB has really become unreliable. Im not sure if the other users are encoutering the same problem and Im not sure if this is a Hardware or Software issue. Support here is the Philippines is a bit costly as the unit will be shipped to Canada for repairs.
    Btw, Whenever I do a manual search for a network I get the error: Error is Uncaught exception:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException .
    If you guys encountered one time or another during your BB use, please do share.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Need help: BB 7290 Error

nino - take a look at some of the similar threads above this one
    that's a very common error...most likely some application that your bb doesn't like anymore. at what point do you get the error?

message pops out whenever I do a a manual scan for a network.
    I've set the unit to do an automatic scan for a signal. However, unit cant seem to lock on to one and keeps on saying... Searching for a Network and ends up with an OUt of Coverage area message. At times wherein I get a signal, service is very inconsistent, and would lose the signal in a matter of minutes or if I make a call. Funny thing is that I've moved my SIM card to another phone and reception is excellent.
    Someone told me to do a OS reinstall. Not sure though if that is the right thing to do.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Question Re: Need help: BB 7290 Error

what's the status of your problem??

Apparently, there was a problem with the hardware (antennae). I escalated the issue to my carrier and they replaced the unit. Issue fixed.