Every time I pick up my fast, accurate, BigQwerty, E-Z to use, PIM-Excellent, Stable, Structured, ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

My 7290 Can Beat Up your . . .

Advertisement

Every time I pick up my fast, accurate, BigQwerty, E-Z to use, PIM-Excellent, Stable, Structured, Dependable, Time-Tested-And-Proven 7290 I sure go berrycrazy. What an organizer! What a Phone! I read and post in the other forums, and I love to read in on the little weep-fests when problems begin to "stack" up (a pun there?) on the newer models. Sure, they're BlackBerries, they Rock-and-Roll, and they blow anything running Windows Mobile away (!), but the absolute heart of the BlackBerry experience is still in those calculator-shaped blue chiclet-key
    pre-71xx devices.

I'm thinking of "upgrading" to a 6230!

(I of course realize that I will eat these words in a couple of weeks when I run down to TMO with cash-in-hand to get my new Pearl Flip . . .)

Concept Guest
    I had a 7290. Now its my sons to kick around the house when he wants. He prefers to talk on my curve though. Its a shame because he's only 18 months and will babble on the phone like he knows what he's doing.

Other than the sliver ring coming loose, it still works like a charm.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    My first BB was a 7280. It rocked. Then the 7290 added bluetooth, quadband and better back-lighting and i was hooked. Then 8700, 8100 (x3) 8300, 8120, 8310 and now 9000. And every one gets better in my opinion! Keep it up RIM!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Holy! That was my 666th post! creepy.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    I had a 7290. Now its my sons to kick around the house when he wants. He prefers to talk on my curve though. Its a shame because he's only 18 months and will babble on the phone like he knows what he's doing.
    I couldn't stop laughing when I read this - I have three grandkids that do the same thing, they will pick up a calculator or a toy phone and walk around babbling into it with "words" -

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Every time I pick up my fast, accurate, BigQwerty, E-Z to use, PIM-Excellent, Stable, Structured, Dependable, Time-Tested-And-Proven 7290 I sure go berrycrazy. What an organizer! What a Phone!
    Wonderful Post!
    Made me laugh so hard, and I'm with you! The description you gave is right on. I enjoyed the _perfect_ keyboard on my 7290 so much!
    My perfect BlackBerry would be to have the "guts" of my 8310 Curve (including it's wonderful display) built into the body of the 7290. Then I would include 3G, Wifi, and THAT would be my perfect BlackBerry. Big, comfy, super keyboard, super functional BlackBerry. Forget style, forget cool, forget trendy, give it up, let it go. This is a BlackBerry folks. AND I would venture to say that if RIM did this, sales would be brisk for this model. Demand would shock everyone and common sense would prevail!
    Whoooaaa...common sense? What's that?....

sent via BlackBerry

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Amen! The 7290 absolutely had the best form factor! I really wish they would have kept the form factor, given it a borderless letterbox screen and made it thinner and lighter. Think it would have kept that iconic BlackBerry look while still making everyone happy. If only...

Quoting Archer6:
    My perfect BlackBerry would be to have the "guts" of my 8310 Curve (including it's wonderful display) built into the body of the 7290.
    I've suggested this myself in a couple of other threads - the practical body/keyboard of the older Berry's with the screen, processor, camera, memory of the newer ones. What a coup that would be in the smart phone world - -

gerbilplay4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, if only they made them like that these days...
    If you want a BlackBerry for email with a phone, get the 7290. If you want a BlackBerry for a phone with email, get something else.