having isues trying to find out how to transfer stuff to my 7290 i have ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

spear3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201DAF08

music and pictures?

Advertisement

having isues trying to find out how to transfer stuff to my 7290 i have the 4.3 desktop manager, and 4.1 on my blackberry. how do i atleast send pics, or even music?

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't believe that any device prior to the 8100 series (83xx,88xx) supports media files, unless they're MIDI and downloaded over the internet from the phone. Same with pics.

Unless you use the phone's browser, they won't work.

--
    dj flyy

Quote Originally Posted by spear3 View Post
    having isues trying to find out how to transfer stuff to my 7290 i have the 4.3 desktop manager, and 4.1 on my blackberry. how do i atleast send pics, or even music?
    With Pictures, use a third-party photo program. I use Ascendo Photos on my 7290 and it will store hundreds of photos. The pics are in RMS memory, however, so you won't be able to use them as desktops. Ascendo Photos has a program that installs on your PC too, so you bypass Desktop Manager. There was a free version of Ascendo here at Pinstack, so do a search and see if you can find it. As far as sounds go, you're outta luck - the 7290 is a mono device. There is a way to hack ringtones to it (complicated - uses the device simulator, backup/restore, etc, definately complicated) but they don't work on the device anyway.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Thanks for the info Mark, just had to answer this again for someone and it took me a while to find this. . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Thanks for the info Mark, just had to answer this again for someone and it took me a while to find this. . . .
    You're welcome, glad this old thread could help . . .