Man......the 7700 and older thread is a little barren! I am looking to go old ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3

Is anybody in here!!!???

Advertisement

Man......the 7700 and older thread is a little barren!

I am looking to go old school for a bit with my BB......I posted a wtb for either a 5810, 6710, or 7730 for use on at&t. Does anyone have experience running any of these on at&t network??

I just want to be able to mix it up every once in a while and pull the SIM out of my 8900, pop it in something a little more classic and hit the road. Please give me any advice y'all can!

Thanks!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've had several 7200's on AT&T. They all worked really well and are virtually indestructable. Another of my favorites is the 87xx series for the full keyboard.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I've never seen one! Lol

I saw a guy selling about 300 6710's on ebay for 25 bucks each.......doesn't sound like a bad deal for a nice low-res monochromatic screen, and a trackwheel! I may pick up one of those and keep my eyes open for a nice 7730 as well due to the color screen upgrade. It's just something about those early square screened BB's that intrigue me.

Maybe I will post a review, and start an old school trend!

Thanks fellas!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Lol. I meant 7100. Its been a while.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Holy cripes! My first BB was a 7290. Cracked the screen 3 days later while I was on vaction in Maui. WHY in the world would you want to go old school that far back? You can get a lot of newer devices for really cheap.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    My first BB with a full QWERTY keyboard and screen was a 7730 but it was on T-Mobile. I HATED that thing. I had to send it back 14 days after I bought it (signal was crap in my own house). The backlight SUCKED! I hated how large it was to the extent that I only had data on it. I didn't even use the phone portion of it. I also have a 7100t that I'm charging right now IF I decide I want to use it just for kicks and giggles one day LOL

Actually, for REAL retro use, I'm STILL hunting down a like new 7105t. It doesn't have to have anything with it. I just want the phone LMAO
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 11-03-2009 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Holy cripes! My first BB was a 7290. Cracked the screen 3 days later while I was on vaction in Maui. WHY in the world would you want to go old school that far back? You can get a lot of newer devices for really cheap.

The 7100 series were TANKS! I ran over one with my chair, let the thing die (it took a week to do so. I put it in a drawer for a week after I got my first Pearl. Pulled it out a week later and it STILL had battery power in it), dropped it, and somehow managed to scratch the screen of a 7100t AND a 7105t in my possession. They all worked until the radio signal crapped (first of 3 7100t's), the USB port broke (7105t) and the trackwheel died (second 7105t)

T-Mobile got the 7290 about a year and a half after I got my first 7100t.

I really just want one for the fun factor.......and to see if I can stand it. Maybe it will make me appreciate my 8900 even more than I already do! I don't really care about the cheapness factor, I just want to lug around a monochromatic dinosaur for a while!

It's like wanting to drive around in an old pick-up truck........just to see what it was like before King Ranch leather.

Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    I really just want one for the fun factor.......and to see if I can stand it. Maybe it will make me appreciate my 8900 even more than I already do! I don't really care about the cheapness factor, I just want to lug around a monochromatic dinosaur for a while!

It's like wanting to drive around in an old pick-up truck........just to see what it was like before King Ranch leather.
    The problem with the 7290 is that in many ways it out-performs the newest BlackBerrys. Now, the problem with THAT is that the areas where it does better than the new Berrys are areas that the purchasing masses do not think are important any longer. If you are looking for multi-media, camera, screen resolution, etc.; i.e. the things that are important to smartphone users these days, the 7290 is an amateur. But in speed and accuracy of the PIM functions, phone functions, and email, the 7290 is smooth, seamless and faster than the new BBs. So, if the important things about a BlackBerry to you are Calendar, Notepad, Contacts, Email, Telephone, everything else organizational and business in nature, the 7290 is a great choice and dirt cheap. But if it's pictures, videos, sounds, internet, screen resolution, touch-screen, and "cool" factor you're after, go with the new devices. I still use my 7290 regularly.