Greetings all, I was rummaging through some old backpacks, and found my old 7290.....still works ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

jroc no está en línea Stack level 1

Internet/Email on 7290 w/o Blackberry service

Advertisement

Greetings all,

I was rummaging through some old backpacks, and found my old 7290.....still works after 2 years!

So, since I also have a pearl, I wanted to see if I could get this thing online for email and such, WITHOUT having the Blackberry package via ATT.

So, I've installed Opera Mini, as well as Logicmail. I've made the necessary TCP adjustments.......and I'm running OS 4.1.0.292.........yet when I try to connect Opera, I get a "Failed to Connect" error......in Logicmail I get "Failed to connect to server" error.

Any ideas here? Is this even possible? I know it is on the Pearl......help???

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm guessing no, however there are some folks who hang around these boards who may be able to get you up and running!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Greetings all,

I was rummaging through some old backpacks, and found my old 7290.....still works after 2 years!

So, since I also have a pearl, I wanted to see if I could get this thing online for email and such, WITHOUT having the Blackberry package via ATT.

So, I've installed Opera Mini, as well as Logicmail. I've made the necessary TCP adjustments.......and I'm running OS 4.1.0.292.........yet when I try to connect Opera, I get a "Failed to Connect" error......in Logicmail I get "Failed to connect to server" error.

Any ideas here? Is this even possible? I know it is on the Pearl......help???
    You're going to need internet for pretty much any application you can think of, especially the ones you're describing above and you won't get that without a data plan, I'm afraid.

jroc no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You're going to need internet for pretty much any application you can think of, especially the ones you're describing above and you won't get that without a data plan, I'm afraid.

Thing is, I have a data plan......just not a blackberry plan. I can get online with Opera......but I cannot for the life of me connect to email with LogicMail. I keep getting the same error, "Unable to reconnect to server"

This is driving me nuts......I've gone over the settings like a million times, I can't find what the problem is.......

roboteacher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    321FED7A
    I have a similar problem. The response from my provider is "get the data plan". I no longer have internet capabilities, text messaging or email. They said it's a completely different service through Blackberry and they essentially have no control over what I can or can't do without the data plan.

My provider is Srint/Nextel but I assume it's the same all over.
    "Luck is the residue of design"

*Branch Richie