I have a blackberry 7290 and I have have had my fair share of bad ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

noxious89 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Im having an unruly amount of bad luck with this phone.

Advertisement

I have a blackberry 7290 and I have have had my fair share of bad luck with it. In the beginning I got the phone from a friend who couldn't use it. And the phone worked just fine it just needed to be unlocked and what not. Now the phone will either give me a message that says I have an error code 322 or it tells me there is a jvm error 529 then it says reset in a black bar underneath that and if I hit enter it tells me there was an abort exception. I need some insight and soon because my razr is about to die because it wont recharge anymore.

thanks.
    noxious89

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Just time to upgrade to a much better model my friend! I think yer 7290 is tellin you it wants to be put to rest...lol.
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

jackmaxwell3rd no está en línea Stack level 1
    He's right! You need to get a curve or bold!
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Naw, don't listen to these guys - your 7290 is fine and is a great handheld. It doesn't have the super detailed screen and doesn't have the ability to play mp3s, but in the areas where Blackberry is strong (Email push, PIM aps, telephone, recordkeeping, calendar, syncing, passwork keeper, security, etc.) this is one of the strongest, fastest Berrys of all time. To bring her back to life, follow the instructions in the link that follows (do everything precisely as detailed in the instructions):

How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is ...

noxious89 no está en línea Stack level 1
    That is another problem. I am having trouble with the desktop manager being able to recognize the handheld software. Im not sure if I have the right one or not or weather Im actually doing it right.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had someone else with this same problem send me a message a few weeks ago. I told that person to upgrade because there was no use fighting with that old of a device.
    BlackBerry8120/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I had someone else with this same problem send me a message a few weeks ago. I told that person to upgrade because there was no use fighting with that old of a device.
    BlackBerry8120/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Agreed. There's ways to get it up and running again, but I strongly feel its not worth the time. Upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by bassvictim View Post
    Agreed. There's ways to get it up and running again, but I strongly feel its not worth the time. Upgrade.
    I guess my age is showing?!? 7290 was introduced in 2004, so I still picture it as new! (Embarrassed, Mark Stone fades into the background never to be seen again . . . . .)

PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Lol... My first BB was the 7100G - no need to be embarrassed! Just seems with all the new technology these smartphones have now - trackballs,optical trackpads, touchscreens, vibrant screens,better OS's - you get the point, just seems like a waste to try and revive this thing...lol. I am in no way bashing the 7290, definitely was a great device 5 years ago, but there are so many better devices out now. I think thats the way to go!