Here is my post from 9-11-2007: Today I received a 7290, purchased on Ebay from ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

I'll be Trying for a New PR!!!

Advertisement

Here is my post from 9-11-2007:
    Today I received a 7290, purchased on Ebay from the State of Utah, it was auction 140151009220. (copy and paste the auction number into the Ebay search field to look at it --) The package sat unopened until 9:45pm tonight (my time). I opened the box, put the battery in the new 7290 and let it cold boot. I removed the password (typed in an incorrect one ten times), it wiped itself, and it reboot again. I checked for an IT policy on the Security screen, found one, and removed it. I then upgraded the OS from 4.0 to 4.1.0.377, uninstalled Help, the Browser, DOD Root Certs, Brickbreaker, and Tasks; and installed Plazmic Theme Reader, two Plazmic themes, and the free version of Ascendo Photos. It subjected itself to about a four minute cold boot. Then, using DM, I transfered all my data from another 7290. I shut the unit off, pulled the battery, installed my SIM and restarted the device. After it started and found the network, I used it to call my voicemail and fire off a couple of SMS messages to my kids -- at 10:17pm. 32 Minutes from Box to Use!! A NEW EBAY PERSONAL BEST!!!
    My PR is 32 minutes. I just bought another 7290 again on Ebay, and the seller confirms that it has an IT policy and I believe it's probably passworded. It should arrive early next week. I'm preparing myself to break my own PR - I'm hoping to even break the 30 minute barrier!! I'm prepping now - - the table has been cleared off - - I've downloaded the 4.1.0.377 package from TMO -- I'm ready to make history!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    A lesser man wouldn't even try what you're going to attempt. Let us know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    A lesser man wouldn't even try what you're going to attempt. Let us know how it turns out.
    I already know how it will turn out - 7290s are simple and salvageable. My only concern is getting under that 32 minute PR The thing that can knock me out is a dead battery on arrival.

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Isn't it great that there's somewhere on the internet (aka pinstacks) where you can say something like that without having eyes rolled at you?

What a wonderful opportunity this communinity presents you with ;-)

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dj flyy View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Isn't it great that there's somewhere on the internet (aka pinstacks) where you can say something like that without having eyes rolled at you?
    True, but even here at the Stacks where people like me feel at home there's been plenty of eyes rolling at some of my posts
    What a wonderful opportunity this communinity presents you with ;-)

Best of luck!
    Thanks - I'll need it

I got the new 7290, but I'll have to wait to beat my 30-minute goal. It came without a password and an IT policy, and it had the newest (relative to a 7290) OS, so my prep consisted of moving data over from the 8700 and slipping in the SIM.