Hiya... and thanks for whoever is doing this. What a great community. My question: I ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

solis93 no está en línea Stack level 1

How to get MP3 ringtone into 7250?

Advertisement

Hiya... and thanks for whoever is doing this. What a great community.

My question: I have an old bb 7250 and I am trying to understand how to get an MP3 ringtone into the phone using the desk top utility. The desktop manager version I have is 4.1.0.10 I can see how to install themes, but what about sounds?

Am I using the right version of the desktop utility for my BB, or should I download the latest version 4.7?

Thank you for your help.

Solis93

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Newer can help in many aspects. The real question is whether or not this device supports lemme check RIM's site and will post back!

Welcome to Pinstack , BTW!
    Last edited by thbassman; 05-24-2009 at 02:29 AM.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Per Rim Specs it does not show to be mp3 capable.

I am not saying it cannot be done, but lets say it could be a bit hairy to accomplish, if possible @ all. Not for the average user, as it would take rewriting some files
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Ok Solis 93, I have been digging around and per this post here from another Device Pro, Mark Stone, it would seem that it is not possible on any of the devices prior to the 81xx series. Sorry I could not be of more help . . wish I had better news.

Hope this helps . .

thbassman
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

solis93 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Thank you thbassman for your efforts. I appreciate it. At least now I wont be banging my head on the keyboard trying to do the undoable.

I love this community.

There were a couple Blackberrys before the 81xx series that could do multi-media: the 71xx series and the 87xx, both introduced mid 2004. By today's standards they are a bit rustic in their capabilities, but they could do multimedia. The 87s are still alive, RIM has even sent us a 4.5 OS for it even though it's almost 5 years old (which is a century in CellPhone speak)

gerbilplay4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Not sure about ringtones, but here's a step foward. If it has java, download a very small java mp3 player. Then transfer the songs to your phone and see if they play. If they do then at least it's some sort of improvemt
    If you want a BlackBerry for email with a phone, get the 7290. If you want a BlackBerry for a phone with email, get something else.