Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there something special I need to do to upload ringtones ? They do not ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

gr8tfx no está en línea Stack level 1

how do I upload the ringtone ?

Advertisement

Is there something special I need to do to upload ringtones ?
    They do not show as files and will not upload when I use my desktop manager ? tried every type but still no results. Right now I am trying MIDI on my 7510.

Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: how do I upload the ringtone ?

You cannot use your USB and DM to load ringtones. They need to be posted on a Website, then downloaded using the BB Internet Browser.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

dustin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400A0018

i have a 7520 I would alsolike to a new ring tone

dustin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400A0018

How can I send a message by using a pin #

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dustin, welcome to PinStack. For Pin messaging, go to the message app menu and select Compose Pin. The enter the PIN number, or a Name of someone in your address book that has an entry for the PIN and complete the message as normal.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

vikkam no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: how do I upload the ringtone ?

very good site
    Solved my problem as I was looking for James Bond ringtone and was not able to upload to my bb.
    Now done Thanks a million

jmesroc no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    You cannot use your USB and DM to load ringtones. They need to be posted on a Website, then downloaded using the BB Internet Browser.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.

Hi, I own a 7780 with the 4.0 os. I am a newbie to BB and is there any other way other than downloading via BB to get walpaper, ringtones etc.? Thanks, -J

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jmesroc, Welcome to Pinstack.

Email the Images to your BB. As to ringtones, you device is kinda limited. The Specs Page, only indicates tone, vibrate, on-screen or led for notifications. This is usually indicative of monophonic ringtones.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Pokani no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400cca59

How do I get ringtones on my 7520 . I finally mastered themes , but apparently loading midi files doesnt work with DM . I am completely new to blackberry's I do NOT have internet access apparently either. I assume thats an extra fee i have to pay nextel. So is there a way to replace the default ringtones with better ones?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

ventusada no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok...thanks to ALL you wonderful peeps, I have mastered the Upgrading of the OS, Uploading Themes, and now i can get a ringtone to my BB via the coolservice link.....just one more thing now PLEASE....

Once I upload the file, create a PIN, enter that on the BB and select download, a media player type opens and plays the "music", however it sounds like the chipmonk orchestra on fast forward. I am downloading a MIDI file.....any suggestions???

Quote Originally Posted by ventusada
    Ok...thanks to ALL you wonderful peeps, I have mastered the Upgrading of the OS, Uploading Themes, and now i can get a ringtone to my BB via the coolservice link.....just one more thing now PLEASE....

Once I upload the file, create a PIN, enter that on the BB and select download, a media player type opens and plays the "music", however it sounds like the chipmonk orchestra on fast forward. I am downloading a MIDI file.....any suggestions???
    My wife got an LG Chocolate, and (literally) the only good thing I can say about it is it has excellent ringtones. However, they are not protected in any way and so I took her phone late at nite and bluetoothed them onto the computer, then moved them onto my 7105t, and they even sound better than when they were on the Chocolate. Just for fun, I copied one of those tones over to my 7290 to see what it sounded like -- and it sounded just the way you describe! "Chipmunk Orchestra" -- The problem is that your phone is a "monophonic" device and is unable to play .mid files correctly, although the OS allows you to load them. I may be wrong, because I've never used a 7510, but I think this is your problem.

ventusada no está en línea Stack level 1

You know what, I think you might be right. Come to think of it, the phone doesnt have a speakerphone; so it plays everything through that earpiece. I am not going to give up until I find something on a bb website that shows the specs and shows that I cant play any ringtones. In the meantime, is there nowhere i can get updated ringtones..at least something slightly different than the default. We have a bunch here in the office and I am never sure when it is actually my phone ringing! hehehehehee

Quote Originally Posted by ventusada
    You know what, I think you might be right. Come to think of it, the phone doesnt have a speakerphone; so it plays everything through that earpiece. I am not going to give up until I find something on a bb website that shows the specs and shows that I cant play any ringtones. In the meantime, is there nowhere i can get updated ringtones..at least something slightly different than the default. We have a bunch here in the office and I am never sure when it is actually my phone ringing! hehehehehee
    Head over to the forum BlackBerry Multimedia -- That's where to get started!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast