My 7520 automatically opens each new email messages if I "unholster" it while it is ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

dllindsay no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400B422F

How do I stop auto open of email?

Advertisement

My 7520 automatically opens each new email messages if I "unholster" it while it is vibrating. Is anyone aware of a way to prevent this?

r3nb72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202a1a6f

Re: How do I stop auto open of email?

Hi and welcome to pinstack! The messages will automaticaly open if you unholster the BB while it is vibrating or beeping. If you leave it for a couple of seconds before unholstering it won't open. I hope this helps

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Welcome to pinstack!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

dllindsay no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400B422F

Quote Originally Posted by r3nb72
    Hi and welcome to pinstack! The messages will automaticaly open if you unholster the BB while it is vibrating or beeping. If you leave it for a couple of seconds before unholstering it won't open. I hope this helps
    I am actually looking for a way to turn this feature off. My Blackberry is also my phone, and I make and receive a combined 150-200 calls per day. I typically have my phone on vibrate, so every time I receive an email, because it vibrates as the calls do, I have to unholster my Blackberry. Because I am frequently not at a point that I can read and/or respond to an unanticipated email opening, at this point, my "work-around" has been to close the email and then mark it as unopened (or visa-versa). Every time. Highly annoying. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

hiradttx no está en línea Stack level 1

I too am unable to find this option but have a workaround for your situation. Edit your profile to do nothing for messages, level1 messages, and SMS and any other test messaging while in holster. This way you can set it to vibrate and or ring for phone while in or out of holster.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Welcome!

But sorry, there is no way to turn the option off. If you can resist from reading your email for about 15 seconds, the email will not automatically open when you unholster your BB.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    If you can wait 15 seconds before you read the message you know you are not an official crackberry addict.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    LOL cp, that's exactly what I was thinking.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dllindsay View Post
    I am actually looking for a way to turn this feature off. My Blackberry is also my phone, and I make and receive a combined 150-200 calls per day. I typically have my phone on vibrate, so every time I receive an email, because it vibrates as the calls do, I have to unholster my Blackberry. Because I am frequently not at a point that I can read and/or respond to an unanticipated email opening, at this point, my "work-around" has been to close the email and then mark it as unopened (or visa-versa). Every time. Highly annoying. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
    I've got your answer. Get a Case-Mate case/holster combo. They don't have the "sleep" function so, when you take the phone out of the holster it won't open the emails because it's never (funtionally) holstered. If you want to try a used one I have that too - I'm not kidding. PM me and I'll make you a deal. I just switched to a Seidio.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com