hello everybody. i'm a new (boost)berry user. I've got a 7510 with a boost sim ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

jbraman no está en línea Stack level 1

how do i get files onto my 7510

Advertisement

hello everybody. i'm a new (boost)berry user. I've got a 7510 with a boost sim in it. I need some help. I saw on here a list that one guy had of all these programs he had installed on his bb. I can't figure out how to get files onto my bb. Is there a program I need or what. USB only i guess, since the browser doesn't work on boost. I'm trying to get opera and some other 3rd party apps, but like I said. I'm new to this whole thing. thanks in advance for all your help.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: how do i get files onto my 7510

Hi jbraman,

Check to see for sure but i think your phone is a 32 mb device. You should be able to install apps made for your phone using the desktop manager.

Download the apps to a computer and then place them into a file for your blackberry to use. When you open or start the desktop manager point to that folder and install by following the desktop manager instructions.

Depending on your phone carrier you can download the currect desktop manager using this link:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_carrier.html

Here is the how to install apps using the desktop manager guide:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._software.html

Hope that helps?
    Last edited by srl7741; 04-10-2007 at 06:37 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

actually i kind of do. I got the desktop manager downloaded, then the link from above where you download by carrier. I got the specific software for the 7510 downloaded, but I'm not really sure how the desktop manager works. on mine it just shows like a connection and stats. I was able to explore through program files and find the apploader, and when I try to put the alx file for opera on my bb, it comes back with a failure. It won't install. any more help would be awesome. and maybe some more tips on how to browse with boost? also I'm not sure how to get gmail. do i have to get it AFTER i get opera running, or can I put it on pc, then sync it to bb? thanks for everything. I've been reading threads on here for sometime and i've found a wealth of information, but just posted my first one. It's been awesome. thanks.

jbraman

*EDIT* I got the desktop manager working all the way (4.2), but I'ms till having problems with installing opera
    Last edited by jbraman; 04-11-2007 at 07:58 PM.

ok. i updated the os on my bb and the opera installed perfectly. now i just need to get a mail service and call boost and have them activate web and i think i'm good. thanks for all your help