My fathers BlackBerry hasn't been working for a while so he decided to get a ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

shifty123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi

Advertisement

My fathers BlackBerry hasn't been working for a while so he decided to get a new one, on getting his new one he was about to throw his old one out when I asked if I could have it. He said sure but he doesn't have a clue what's wrong with it.

Now it is a BlackBerry 7100v. He bought it in the pub a while ago for £30 when he was drunk (lol), it had nothing with it, no charger, no software, no nothing. Now luckily it could be charged with my PSP USB cable that I would connect from my computer to the BlackBerry, when I do this the red light in the top right hand corner goes on Red.

After a while of charging I turned it on and I got an error on the screen. I took a picture for you.

The number under the circle says 507.
    (Edit - I cannot post images but anyone wishing to see it, PM me.)

Now someone told me that it means I have no OS installed. Problem is, I have so software for it. All I have is the phone and a working USB connection. If there is anybody who can help me to resolved this so I can use the BlackBerry I will be truly grateful.

I want to know if their is any software I can download for it so I can install the BB onto my computer as without the software it won't install via USB.

So to verify. I have a BlackBerry 7100v. It has a 507 error on it when I turn it on and all I have to work with is a working USB connection.

Thank you for you're time.

Sam

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Hi

Welcome to PinStack shifty123.

Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want are BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

If the procedure in that last link doesn't work, which is likely but try it first anyway, you'll need to follow the procedure in this thread, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected very carefully.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Hi

Welcome to Pinstack! Awesome place for anything regarding BlackBerry!!!

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: Hi

Hello Shifty123! Welcome to the Stacks!
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Thumbs up Re: Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Welcome to PinStack shifty123.

Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want are BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

If the procedure in that last link doesn't work, which is likely but try it first anyway, you'll need to follow the procedure in this thread, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected very carefully.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    Welcome to Pinstack! The above should be a great start for you to get that BB up and running. You will love it here at pinstack since there will always be someone here to answer questions. I love it and ive only been here about a month.!! GO PINSTACK!!