Hi Guys, I am having a problem receiving phone calls while my bb 7290 has ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

jbullfrog88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help: Receiving Phone Calls when Keyboard is Locked

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I am having a problem receiving phone calls while my bb 7290 has its keyboard locked.

I lock the keyboard because the buttons are very sensitive, and get jostled about whilst in my pocket.

When my son tries to call me (while my keyboard is locked), all he hears is my voicemail box.

Is there a solution to his problem?

TIA

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    is it only when your son calls? I mean if say your wife or co-worker calls does it do the same thing. are you holstering your phone to lock it? or are you using a keyboard shortcut?

If you are holstering your phone it may be set to to not disturb.
    that's the only reason I could think that anyone would go straight to voice mail.

I don't have my holster with me or I'd try this my myself. Check your profile settings, edit the one you are currently using and scroll to the bottom of the screen to the "do no disturb option". make sure "no" is selected.

I don't know if this would cause it to happen the way you describe but that's all I'e got for now.

anyway, let us know.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Uuummm I can't say I heard of this issue... I would prob say its an issue with ur phone when mine is locked it just turns back on during a call
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jbullfrog88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks guys for trying to help.

The option "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering" is set to "No".

I have this problem of not being able to receive calls when my keyboard is locked with everyone, not just including my son.

Any other suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow

thats weird... still thinking!

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    U can put ur phone n standby only way to turn it on wud b 2 either press the backlight button on the top of ur phone or the mute button its simialr to a keypad lock~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    (Hyphen) That would not reject your calls though. I put my phone in standby all of the time never have this problem.

Have you tried changing your profile at all? I'm still betting on it being set to;
    "do not disturb"

Have you checked that option in profiles?

Hope we can help you figure this out.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~