Hi everyones! I have used BB 7230 and I'd like to add midi file from ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

nguyenthang2614 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help me add new ringtones for BB7230

Advertisement

Hi everyones!
    I have used BB 7230 and I'd like to add midi file from my PC to my 7230 for ringtone but I don't know how to do it. Anyones can help me how to do or is there any software to do this.
    I'm using Blackberry DM 4.2 and my BB's OS is 4.0.2.35
    Thanks for helps.

Re: Help me add new ringtones for BB7230

Quote Originally Posted by nguyenthang2614
    Hi everyones!
    I have used BB 7230 and I'd like to add midi file from my PC to my 7230 for ringtone but I don't know how to do it. Anyones can help me how to do or is there any software to do this.
    I'm using Blackberry DM 4.2 and my BB's OS is 4.0.2.35
    Thanks for helps.
    The 7230 only plays monophonic tones, won't receive or play midi. There is an odd back-door way to get the file onto the handheld, but your phone won't play it correctly (if it plays it at all --) The 7230 was intended as a data device only, not multimedia. I think it was RIM's very first baby step towards multimedia, because it was the first BlackBerry with a color screen and that came with a supply of pictures to use as backgrounds. Also, it was the first BB that could use themes. But it was m-i-l-e-s away from true multimedia

bbnovice422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    The 7230 only plays monophonic tones, won't receive or play midi. There is an odd back-door way to get the file onto the handheld, but your phone won't play it correctly (if it plays it at all --) The 7230 was intended as a data device only, not multimedia. I think it was RIM's very first baby step towards multimedia, because it was the first BlackBerry with a color screen and that came with a supply of pictures to use as backgrounds. Also, it was the first BB that could use themes. But it was m-i-l-e-s away from true multimedia
    I'm new to the BB. So, does that mean that I can't access my ringtones or games that are loaded on my sim card? I recently purchased a 7230 after using a different phone (for about a year) and thought I would be able to load whatever was already on my sim.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnovice422
    I'm new to the BB. So, does that mean that I can't access my ringtones or games that are loaded on my sim card? I recently purchased a 7230 after using a different phone (for about a year) and thought I would be able to load whatever was already on my sim.
    On a 7230, that's correct. 7100 series and newer BlackBerrys can use polyphonic ringtones. There are some games available for 72xx Blackberrys, however, but it's not likely that they include the ones you are referring to. The 7230 was first and foremost a business data and PIM device and was never intended for multimedia.

BTW, I'm a T-Mobile (GSM) user and wasn't aware you could put ringtones and games on a SIM card?

bbnovice422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Maybe it was on the phones memory. I just assumed it was on the sim card but, since I can't access the info on it, I have no way to check.