New to forum, and relatively new to BB usage, but love the little bugger. However, ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

Opus1993 no está en línea Stack level 1

Extending Vibration notification

Advertisement

New to forum, and relatively new to BB usage, but love the little bugger. However, I too, am plagued by the relatively quiet ring tones, even after downloading something that is "longer" in duration (which gives me a little more of a chance to catch the call).

Here's my question. I have the thing set to vibrate and ring for most notifications. But I'm finding it only vibrates twice, then rings. Is there a way to make it ring AND vibrate at the same time, much like many regular cell phones do?

Joey

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

Re: Extending Vibration notification

Hello, and welcome to the Stacks. The short answer is no. I haver a 7250, and like your BB, the tones are quiet. There are some that are a little louder than others, but nothing that compares with that of a "regular" cell phone. Also it does not vibrate and ring at the same time. Always vibrate first, then ring. Hope this helps.

Opus1993 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, Capone. I have figured out that it would only vibrate first, and then ring, but didn't know if there was a "fix" out there that would make it vibrate constantly while ringing.

Appreciate the help!

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

If you are looking for a longer vibrate/ring cycle, call your provider. I know that Nextel will increase the number of rings before kicking to voicemail and assume that other carriers may do the same. This may provide you more of a chance to feel it vibrate/hear it ring prior to it going to VM.