Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the bb is connected, but when i click some options it said please connect bb, ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

dreman no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Error Message on my 7290

Advertisement

the bb is connected, but when i click some options it said please connect bb, when i check status it shows up as connected. can u help

buzzsaw no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202ID930

I came on here to find the problem with my BB 7290. It is exactly the same as pearlygates and k123qbert. It started a couple of days ago when I couldn't turn it on. It rebooted itself. Then it started with the error messages and finally I was using it and it stopped, began to fade and now all I get is "device error 365" and "reset" so I hit enter but it just goes back to the same error message.

buzzsaw no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202ID930

I tried the ideas on this forum but no success either. Can't connect to the PC with or w.out the battery.

jmsandoval no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same TCU Exception Reset error message on my blackberry right now. I have tried all of the suggestions on this forum and have tried the JL Comnder wipe and it says it cannot connect to the blackberry. I have done the application loader process and it ends by saying that it cannot connect to the blackberry after a multi-stage something or other.

I am at the point of having to download the javaloader developer's kit but I don't know which one or what to download in order to try to do the OS swipe from the dos screen. Can someone give me a link or an idea as to where to get the javaloader and which one to download and use please? Thank you very much. I operate my business from my blackberry so every day that I am down is just terrible. Thanks again for all your help.

Strangerous no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I did an os reinstall, and fixed my problem, goodbye cool themes and games (I think that's what made it go CrAzY)

babyluv2008 no está en línea Stack level 1

what's the os reinstall?

FT2house no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem, i tried everyting on this site and a few from other sites and so far no changes at all. i still can't connect. when i go to connections i click "Detect" and it says success
    USB Device found, Pin:FFFFFFFF
    however the stattus bar still says disconnected, and when i try to run the application manager it cycles through the ports, usb, com1, com3. and eventually says there is no device connected, or if i click next while it is cycling through the ports i get a fatal error message. i am at a loss and need help desperately.

also in the device manager properties it shows that USB-PIN:FFFFFFFF is connected.
    Last edited by FT2house; 06-30-2007 at 04:48 PM.

KIJH no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, I've gone through Device Error 373, Device Error 365 and am now on the EEErrrrr 66.

I've read this thread, have downloaded Java Loader. It unzipped as one file: Javaloader.exe. When I click on it I get a brief flicker of DOS.

So I try to find the DOS prompt. I have XP so I presume DOS prompt is "Command Prompt"? Am I right? If not please tell me how I can get to DOS prompt. Anyway, I type "javaloader -usb wipe" with my 7290 connected by USB to my computer and all I get is a message saying that command is not valid.

What am I doing wrong?

aanchal23 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a similar issue....i have gone through about 6 or 7 different error messages in the last 6 hours....yep, been playing wit it thatt long

I am now stuck with error 499.
    Also, i CANT ISTALL THE JAVALOADER or the JL_CMDER!!!! the latter, pops open, and wen i click to install, it gives a quick flash and disappears...what does that mean? is it working? also, my computer does not detect my BB in that case, how do i install anything to it?

Willie Heck no está en línea Stack level 1

The only solution that I have found to work for me is the highly unlikely one of bouncing your BB off of a carpeted floor from a height of about 6 feet, adjusting height/velocity as you gain more confidence. Right now you are thinking this guy must be crazy, I know because that's exactly how I felt when I first read this method. Having fooled with my 7290 for ~3 weeks simply getting one error message after another, and thus with absolutely nothing to lose than a non-functional BB, I bounced it well and truly off my carpeted floor and lo! it began to respond appropriately and I was able to reinstall the software and get it up and running. It still gives me a pin# FFFFFFFF which I've read elsewhere is not a good sign and that was how it was when I first received it from the original owner... so maybe he knew it was flaky to begin with. I know this sounds just plain wrong but it absolutely worked for me... let gravity do the work when you first drop it nose first and adjust the velocity until it comes back to life. I replaced the original 7290 after it let me down a number of times while in Europe so now I have an error free one (long may it stay so!) and this flaky one which runs great for a while and then decides at some point that it is tired and wants to be reset on a carpeted floor!

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Heck View Post
    The only solution that I have found to work for me is the highly unlikely one of bouncing your BB off of a carpeted floor from a height of about 6 feet, adjusting height/velocity as you gain more confidence. Right now you are thinking this guy must be crazy, I know because that's exactly how I felt when I first read this method. Having fooled with my 7290 for ~3 weeks simply getting one error message after another, and thus with absolutely nothing to lose than a non-functional BB, I bounced it well and truly off my carpeted floor and lo! it began to respond appropriately and I was able to reinstall the software and get it up and running. It still gives me a pin# FFFFFFFF which I've read elsewhere is not a good sign and that was how it was when I first received it from the original owner... so maybe he knew it was flaky to begin with. I know this sounds just plain wrong but it absolutely worked for me... let gravity do the work when you first drop it nose first and adjust the velocity until it comes back to life. I replaced the original 7290 after it let me down a number of times while in Europe so now I have an error free one (long may it stay so!) and this flaky one which runs great for a while and then decides at some point that it is tired and wants to be reset on a carpeted floor!
    Unbelievably, this fixed an old berry I just found in the phone closet.

I had the 66 and it was not detectable from the PC. Then, I dropped it from about 4 feet, but we have industrial carpet here, basically thin carpet on concrete-no pad. Plugged it back in, detects as FFFFFFFFF error 365.
    Blackberry Video Converter
    Click on my google links so I can buy myself a pearl, I gotta see these videos for myself!

anu_jay no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2027A5A2

Quote Originally Posted by baconismidog View Post
    Unbelievably, this fixed an old berry I just found in the phone closet.

I had the 66 and it was not detectable from the PC. Then, I dropped it from about 4 feet, but we have industrial carpet here, basically thin carpet on concrete-no pad. Plugged it back in, detects as FFFFFFFFF error 365.
    I tried all the options. Device error 365 keeps popping up like a chronic disease. But onething I noticed is when I go into the Connection Settings under Options menu, I see only USB but not USB-PIN. When I select detect the device , an error message pops up "Device not found".

Any ideas?

I feel the BB 7290 is on death bed.

SK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12