Without installing a new ap, or doing anything else suspicious I did a battery pull ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

Error 400 on my 7290

Advertisement

Without installing a new ap, or doing anything else suspicious I did a battery pull to coldboot my workhorse 7290 - free up memory, release some file handles, etc. and when it tried to restart it slammed an Error 400 message on the screen. The enter key re-started the boot, but after four or five restarts it looped into the error 400 again and again. Connected to DM, computer did not recognize the device; connected to Jl_cmdr, it also did not recognize the device. Did a short search here at the Stacks and followed the steps outlined at How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected.

It worked, of course, and my workhorse 7290 is back up and rocking. Fortunately, I do regular backups. Usually it takes something like installing a suspicious application or theme to set this 400 thing off, but I did nothing at all except the battery pull. Anybody else experienced the same, and does anyone know what caused it?

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    The usual culprit is installing an app that wasnt designed for your OS. While most apps will work fine on similar OS's some cause errors. I have seen it most often on Themes.