Today I dropped my 7290 on a concrete surface -- WHAMMO!!!, it hit h-a-r-d. It ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

Dropped my 7290

Advertisement

Today I dropped my 7290 on a concrete surface -- WHAMMO!!!, it hit h-a-r-d. It landed on the top, and so the cover is all bent up so the top "phone" button is loose and ready to fall out -- I mean the top edge looks like it was chewed up by a pitbull. Both the front and back cover are bent out -- didn't realize the thing was metal, now I know why it's heavier than my 6230s and 7230s were. Anyway, it still works perfectly! I've tried every function, every button, everything still works like it was new! I'm relieved -- I have the feeling that if my old 8700 or 7105 or 7100 would have hit the concrete with such velocity, they would have ended up as tiny pieces of plastic all over the place.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

Re: Dropped my 7290

Dude, get yourself a screwdriver and a new casing from Ebay, or CNN.CN.
    My ol 7250 looked beat up. And all I did was replace the housing...
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

Update: 24 hours later, 7290 still working perfectly! I love the new "chewed-up" look. Ain't worth a penny if I want to unload it on Ebay, though!

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm not surprised your 7290 stood up to such a test - those things are sturdy! I'm glad to here you're still in business and having a battle-scarred phone that works is kinda cool!

New7250 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300D0907

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~haha awesome... Now I know what my new phone could do if nessisary... Congrats on it still workin!

One week later update: I took some pliers and squeezed the top halves back together, looks alot better. Still working like a charm!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

At least you didn't throw it around on purpose like that other guy that posted in here a few weeks ago . My condolences to your BB, but I'm glad it still works!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    At least you didn't throw it around on purpose like that other guy that posted in here a few weeks ago . My condolences to your BB, but I'm glad it still works!
    Yeah, that guy bugged me --