I have a SIM running in my 7290 & the 'gprs' indicator come sup but ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Does 7290 have any WAP/browser support?

Advertisement

I have a SIM running in my 7290 & the 'gprs' indicator come sup but I get no browser or t-zones icon (I'm using a T-Mobile USA SIM) like I usually see on other (more modern) units. Is this how older BBs were or is something up with my particular unit?

Thanks

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    The 7290 was my first blackberry, it does well with the browser on t-mo. It won't work without 'GPRS' on the screen, check your tcp settings, the 7290 used wap.voicestream.com, not the epc.t-mobile.com. Make sure you have your service books, and make sure that t-mo has your pin and imei tied to your account on that guy or it'll give you troubles.

So basically there is no way to get on-line with a 7290 without a BIS or BES account?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Did you check your APN settings? Forgot where to navigate on the 7290, but it should be in Options>Advanced Options>TCP/IP. Check the settings in there.

Also, you'll get limited or no data at all unless the GPRS is all caps.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Did you check your APN settings? Forgot where to navigate on the 7290, but it should be in Options>Advanced Options>TCP/IP. Check the settings in there.
    Yes, that is set fine. The usual t-zones or web2go icon does not appear in the home screen like on my newer units. Do most BlackBerry units come with some kind of default Service Books that I may not have? I tried manually loading some Service Books before but it didn't seem to work when I loaded the browser that the SBs forced to appear. I got some weird message that I forgot to write down.

Okay, silly question. Do you have a data plan?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Okay, silly question. Do you have a data plan?
    In this case, not BIS data but only have regular data access that most other phones could get just fine with an APN. Problems is it seems BlackBerry phones still use this thing called Service Books to 'push' features to the phone that come standard with other models, like the browser.

Ah, yes you won't see that stuff unless you have a BlackBerry data plan, so yes, unless you have WiFi, which the 7290 doesn't, you won't be able to access the internet.