I have my third 7510 from nextel. Since I upgraded to the V4 software messages ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B

disappearing messages from 7510

Advertisement

I have my third 7510 from nextel. Since I upgraded to the V4 software messages disappear from the device. Mostly phone logs, but e-mail also vanish. This usually happens after I have been using the browser but not always.
    Customer service has only replaced the unit s a fix but the same issue has occoured on all of the replacements.
    Is there a limit to the messages that can be stored? Why doesn't it delete he oldest message instead of the newest?
    Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Ken Crutcher
    PIN: 3280610B
    crutcherk@crutcherstudio.com

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: disappearing messages from 7510

First suggestion is upgrade to a 7520.. Next, are you talking about sent emails? Also, do they erase after 5 minutes, 5 days. I have my sent messages and call log delete right away so I never see them... could this be the problem?

PIN/ID
    3280610B

Upgrade is not in the budget at this time. I have another 6mo before I can budget for it. Nextel will only replace it with a similar unit.

It is deleting received messages. Sent messages stick around.
    This problem did not start until I ugraded the software.

They usually dissappear within minutes so I am not sure of messages I am missing.
    Ken Crutcher

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Oh no, want some advice? I am a Sprint-Nextel Sales Manager and I may have a solution for you. It will take a few minutes on the phone with a certain department with Nextel, but Im almost positive if you explain your situation to them they can upgrade you to the 7520 with little or no out of pocket expense. Im gonna PIN you the number. When you talk to them explain the situation and if that doesnt work please PIN me since Im not busy today I can even call them for you! Good luck.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ken,

Check your free memory space on your device too. If I am not mistaken, I read somewhere that the device will automatically start deleteing some info (such as messages and call logs) when it reaches a certain % of filled memory to make way for new information.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had a similar problem with my 7100r after upgrading the OS to 4.0 and then 4.1.

I thought the messages/phone calls were totally lost, and I was tired of it happening. I upgraded to the 7130g.

However, when I was backing up the 7100r, I noticed over 600 messages being backed up from the "purged" folder. Huh?!?

So, they were still there, I just couldn't find them.

Mostly SMS and phone calls. And it was purging everything about once a day.

PIN/ID
    3280610B

My pin was not correct. I changed the device so many times.
    my profile is updated now.
    Ken Crutcher

PIN/ID
    3280610B

I often get to 0% free. That was one of the first things I started to watch.
    I notice that when I use the web browser the memory is quickly used. (usually after 2 or 3 pages).

It would not be a problem if older messages were deleted first to make room, but it is deleting new messages instead.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Ken,

Check your free memory space on your device too. If I am not mistaken, I read somewhere that the device will automatically start deleteing some info (such as messages and call logs) when it reaches a certain % of filled memory to make way for new information.
    Ken Crutcher

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ok..how much memory do you have used up in Cache?

Open your internet browser and get to your bookmarks page...Scroll down to Options. There should be a spot that says Cache I believe...I would clear all of that out...And then I would also check..I think on some of the earlier operating systems you can actually change whether or not you want your device to cache items...I always had mine turned off for the purpose of keeping memory from filling up and that way whenever I visited a page, I got the new version of the page and not the page that was saved in memory.

PIN/ID
    3280610B

V 4does not allow turning off the cache or adjusting the size.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Ok..how much memory do you have used up in Cache?

Open your internet browser and get to your bookmarks page...Scroll down to Options. There should be a spot that says Cache I believe...I would clear all of that out...And then I would also check..I think on some of the earlier operating systems you can actually change whether or not you want your device to cache items...I always had mine turned off for the purpose of keeping memory from filling up and that way whenever I visited a page, I got the new version of the page and not the page that was saved in memory.
    Ken Crutcher

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I had a similar problem a month ago with my 7105t deleting text messages upon delivery before I got the chance to open them. An OS upgrade (or 3) was all it took to get the problem solved.

PIN/ID
    3280610B

Thumbs up Re: disappearing messages from 7510

My correct pin was not on my profile. It is correct now.
    Any help you can give me would ne great.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Oh no, want some advice? I am a Sprint-Nextel Sales Manager and I may have a solution for you. It will take a few minutes on the phone with a certain department with Nextel, but Im almost positive if you explain your situation to them they can upgrade you to the 7520 with little or no out of pocket expense. Im gonna PIN you the number. When you talk to them explain the situation and if that doesnt work please PIN me since Im not busy today I can even call them for you! Good luck.
    Ken Crutcher

PIN/ID
    3280610B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think I got it fixed. I reloaded the new os to the BB. It has not dropped any messages yet.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ok, thanks for the update. If you need anymore help, let us know.