My appologies if this is a dumb question but how do I disable password protection? ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

bb7280newbi no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Disable password

Advertisement

My appologies if this is a dumb question but how do I disable password protection? If I click OPTIONS - SECURITY the SPACE bar doesn't do anything. Pressing ENTER only allows me to CHANGE PASSWORD, WIPE HANDHELD or VERIFY SECURITY SOFTWARE. I also can't use the SPACE bar to change SECURITY TIMEOUT. ENTER gives me the same selections. Is there something wrong with my 7280, software or me? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Disable password

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is this a personal bb or work assigned one? If work assigned the IT dept will have something to do with the password due to protecting the contents, but if it is a personal one, did you buy it used? If so try this backup your info using dm then enter the password wrong 10 times and it will wipe all info and give you the options you want in the security options

is this a personal bb or work assigned one? If work assigned the IT dept will have something to do with the password due to protecting the contents, but if it is a personal one, did you buy it used? If so try this backup your info using dm then enter the password wrong 10 times and it will wipe all info and give you the options you want in the security options
    This is a personal bb purchased on eBay. It was pasword protected when I got it so I had to enter a wrong password 10 times and then reinstall the software via the Cingular web site. Did I reinstall the software wrong? I don't recall having any options when I reinstalled the software.
    Last edited by cp6169; 01-07-2007 at 04:30 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

SUCCESS!!! Many thanks.

Jrkohler5000 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4159A

I downloaded the file ... policy ... into the path directory. and ran the Desktop Manager , and it changed it automatically without wiping the handheld ... many thanks !!!!!

Jim

23C5FFCB
    Jim

23E4159A