Hello everybody! I have a Blackberry 7290 that wasn't functioning. The problem was that when ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

GranGus no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Change Device PIN

Advertisement

Hello everybody!

I have a Blackberry 7290 that wasn't functioning. The problem was that when I turned it on, it was restarting over and over and never reached the main window. I opened the device and cleaned all the components inside and after that it has started normally and works fine but now the problem I found is that the device PIN changed as if it was reseted and the number that it shows is FFFFFFFF.

Does anyone know how to restore the PIN number?

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Hi GranGus, this is an intrigueing one! Welcome to PinStack by the way.

If you connect to Desktop Software, is the device recognised and if so, what PIN does it show? The other place the PIN shows is in OPTIONS>STATUS.

If neither of these places shows a correct PIN, perhaps your next port of call is either the Service Provider or RIM. If you supply the IMEI with some form of proof of ownership, they may be able to help.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

GranGus no está en línea Stack level 1
    First of all, thanks for your responses and your welcome.

Ok, the PIN appears wrong in both, the status option and in the desktop manager (as FFFFFFFF). I will try with the provider and see what happens.

Thanks a lot!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    GranGus, Your phone is fried. That is a classic sign that a major failure has occurred in your 7290. I haven't seen this reported in about a year, and then it wasn't on the 7290's but can't remember what model had this problem.

Sorry but I think that is the response you are going to get. I'll try to find the BlackBerry KnowledgeCenter Paper on this when I have more time. Can't do it right now.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

broecher no está en línea Stack level 1

Question ffffffff pin

I have a 7290 that has the same error. It started withe the 507 error message, then after several attempts to re-instal os, the pin has now changed. I am looking at it and everything seems ok now... maybe it will survive??
    How do i test everything that might be fried with this new pin??

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    The cause is a hardware problem that affects a small percentage of BlackBerry devices, which could cause a loss of PIN or other critical information. These problems are beyond the control of Research In Motion.

Back up the data on the BlackBerry device, then contact your service provider to arrange a return material authorization (RMA) for your BlackBerry device. You will only be able to back up the data if your BlackBerry device is displaying FFFFFFFF on the Status screen.