I just got my blackberry 7280 used from craigslist and it works great for internet ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

GoldenCyn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    200EDE6E

cant make phone calls

Advertisement

I just got my blackberry 7280 used from craigslist and it works great for internet access and email, but I can't make any calls. As soon as I type in a number abd press the return arrow, I am instantly prompted with an error saying that I can only make emergency calls. I tried calling customer service and they had no clue
    The weird thing is that I use my home phone to dial to my blackberry, I see the data arrows blink as if the call was about to be revieved, but then I get a busy signal. When I call my blackberry from any other phone, I hear one ring, then a busy signal. What gives?
    Also, I can receive emails just fine, but not send. Sending emails worked a couple of days ago. Please respond to my PIN regarding this concern, thanks guys.

auroran no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: cant make phone calls

I'm not completely sure, and I'm no expert on it but to me that's the behaviour i'd expect w/ the SIM lock / Service Provider lock active.
    Was that Berry supposed to be provided unlocked? Also did your provider check to see if it was unlocked since it is a 2nd hand unit?

Those are the things that come to mind for me, anyone else have other thoughts?

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it seems like u have no voice plan check and see if u do

klive19 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah your service provider should be the one who would be able to tell you how to fix your problems....most carriers have a specific blackberry department

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try gettin a new sim card or something.

Jobsdone no está en línea Stack level 2

Without a doubt this is a service issue that can only be resolved by your provider. My 7280 was serviced by AT&T but was moved over to Cingular. At one point Cingular did have Blue and Orange systems co-existing.
    Cordially,

Jobsdone

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

As for incoming calls, check your active profile to make sure "Do Not Disturb" is turned off. What you describe happening with an incoming call ringing once then going busy is most definitely DND.