How can you change the carrier on a cdma handset they both work on the ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

can vzw handset be converted to use on sprints network

Advertisement

How can you change the carrier on a cdma handset they both work on the same type of service and the bands are close to each other but how to get one to work on the other would loading the sprint software on a verizon hand set work on a 77 or 72 series and then redgister on sprints
    Network I ask as I am a sprint costomer
    Using a nextel bb but have several verizon black berrys that are not being used (because vzw sucks @ss)anyone out there done this
    HeywoodJ pn400906d9

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

Re: can vzw handset be converted to use on sprints network

not to my knowing
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have asked about this in the past and been told it can't be done. Sprint would have to reprogram the BB with all their info, and they don't want to do that on a Verizon BB. Same for Verizon using a Sprint device. Sorry.

Dave

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

No no no, not possible. Only GSM phones can be unlocked.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what about loading sprints firmware then removing the vendor file then loading sprints hand held software? Heywood J

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

There's more to it than just the BB firmware and software. The CDMA radio would also have to be reprogrammed for the other carrier, and the BB firmware doesn't do that. VZW normally operates in the 800 MHz band and Sprint normally operates in the 1900 MHz band, so this could also present a problem. Besides, they want to sell you a piece of equipment that they know will work rather than spend hours and hours getting your old piece to work on their network with no guarantees.

Get a straw, suck it up, and just buy a new unit. Or find one on eBay for cheap. Unfortunately, there is no cross-over of networks with CDMA phones.

Dave

elrey718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B82A8F
    i am a sprint rep and frm wht i was told sprint will no longer activate anything that doesnt have the sprint logo. that is why it ttok so long for sprint to get the razor. besides y wld u want to do that whn you can get the 8703e for sprint.