Just lost my high speed for my PC, can I use the 7290 as a ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Can I use the 7290...?

Advertisement

Just lost my high speed for my PC, can I use the 7290 as a modem to connect my PC to the internet?
    Thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Should be able to, I remember hearing about people doing it before the 8700 came out. I don't remember all that had to be done though as I never used it. It's going to be slow though.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Question

looks like it wants to connect am getting an error > error 734 >
    Here's what it says, 734
    The PPP link control protocol was terminated. There are several possible causes. Try the following:
    Your Internet service provider might have experienced a problem. Contact your Internet service provider.
    The security protocols on the server to which you are trying to connect are incompatible with your security settings. In Network Connections, right-click the connection you are using. Click Properties, and click the Security tab. In Validate my identity as follows, select Allow unsecured password.
    LCP extensions are not supported. In Network Connections, right-click the connection you are using. Click
    Properties, and click the Networking tab. Under Type of broadband connection to make, click Settings, and clear the Enable LCP extension check box.

Well, I did all of that and still get the error!
    Thanks!

skennz no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am having the same problem! If you find an answer let me know! Thanks

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    check to be sure that you got the t-mobile BIS. they includes tethering in their data cost. however, many other carriers charges high prices for tethering. So please check with your carrier to be sure that you won't get charged too much for it.