i got my girlfriend this 7250 and i want to surprise her before giving it ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

blue_eyes567 no está en línea Stack level 1

brand new user have no idea what to do

Advertisement

i got my girlfriend this 7250 and i want to surprise her before giving it to her by putting songs and pictures on it but i have no idea what i'm doing with this thing. there is no web browser so i've been looking thru some of the postings but have no idea what to do. i know it has the 4.0 operating system and she uses alltel but i dont know how to upgrade or even what i should do. any suggestions would be great

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: brand new user have no idea what to do

1) Do you have a BlackBerry BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) data plan added to the account for the phone? You will need that to load pictures and ringtones. You will need to email the pictures to the BB and download ringtones from the web on the phone. You CAN install ringtones, themes and wallpapers without the data plan (Search for Install Wallpapers and Ringtones Without A Data Plan), but it's MUCH easier with the data.

2) As far as upgrades for the 7250, I found this one. Go to https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...24164a761e7aTR and choose the 7250. Install it on your PC. Then find and delete the vendor.xml file .Start>Search. Select All Files and Folders. Type in vendor.xml. Select Delete. Connect the BB to the PC and let it install. Takes about 30 minutes. Do not disconnect the BB from the PC while this is going on.

3) To find out exactly which OS is on the phone go to Options>About. There will be a screen that comes up with all kinds of system information just like a PC. You are looking for the following: "BlackBerry 7250 Wireless Handheld 4.0.x.xxx" (that's the exact OS) and Platform X.X.X.XX (replace X's with whatever numbers appear)."
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 07-13-2007 at 04:16 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

the music gets a little tricky took me awhile, but frostwire and limewire downloads work great!!

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : brand new user have no idea what to do

And keep in mind also that the 7250 won't accept any mp3, only mono tones
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

blue_eyes567 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey thank you very much. I did get the data plan for her and already set her email up thru the email set up. it is a v4.0.0.241 and platform 2.0.0.34. The link for that update is a dead link and did not work.
    For the pictures, how do I get a a picture to be the wallpaper or the theme? I've tried some of the links I was able to find on other threads here but I haven't been able to do anything with them. Could it be because I'm running off of an old OS? Thanks for all the help

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

you should try to update the OS and there is a way to set the photos to the home screen