I have been trying to connect a 7750 to my PC to download new OS. ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

parnellie no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Blackberry 7750 will not connect to PC

Advertisement

I have been trying to connect a 7750 to my PC to download new OS. My PC refuses to recognize the USB connection. I decided to use the JL_Cmder application and wiped out my 3.7 OS. I did succeed in now having a completely blank blackberry. I then followed instructions for re-installing without the battery etc... The weird thing is, I could actually connect the first time I used Desktop Manager, but not successfully install the 4.0 OS. I have since tried repeatedly to go through the process again step by step and now my PC won't even recognize the device at all. I'm really stuck. I have a blank blackberry and no connection to anything. I'm a newbie, so I'm sure there is an important step I'm missing. Thank you for any assistance.

parnellie

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    parnellie, welcome to PinStack.

Hopefully someone will come along and help soon. Did you follow the instructions on the How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected Thread? At what point did it fail during the installation?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

7750 will not connect to PC

Rcbjr,

Thanks so much for the response. I did do the ReInstall OS when computer won't recognize instructions. The first time I did this it actually recognized the 7750 and I could go through the instructions with the desktop manager. I re-inserted the battery as instructed and waited for the OS to download, but it did not load. Since many have had to do this whole process several times, I tried to repeat, but now there is absolutely no attempt to recognize the device at all. I get the error message that the usb device is not recognized. I'm basically stuck. Do I need a different version of the desktop manager? Do I need to go back to the 3.7 version of the device software? Just trying to think of options. Thanks again for the assistance. It's great!

parnellie

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up

Glad u got the problem resolved! Welcome to Pinstack!!

7750 connection problem

Hello,

The latest in connection attempt to the PC to reinstall 4.0 OS. I use the application loader, it recognizes my device and the usb port. I get to the loading JVM and system software, the device starts to initialize and just as the hour glass goes, the PC suddenly does not recognize the device anymore. the application loader then says it cannot reconnect during a multi-stage operation. That's as far as I can get. Let me know if there is another approach I can take. Thanks for any help.

parnellie

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Parnellie,

Try one more time with the battery out and at step 13 of the linked thread re-insert the battery.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

7750 connection problem

Dear Rcbjr,

I tried this battery re-insert at step 13, still doesn't work. What is happening: When the battery is out, then PC recognizes the 7750, when I insert battery, it says it doesn't recognize the device. The PC does not like the blackberry when the battery is in. What would cause this? thanks again for the help.

parnellie

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Parnellie,

Try one more time with the battery out and at step 13 of the linked thread re-insert the battery.

Rcbjr.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Did you try waiting until after the connect completed before inserting the battery. Try letting it complete and go through the reset before re-inserting the battery. If that doesn't work I'm at a loss. Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion.

I wonder if there is something wrong with your battery. Maybe try buying replacement. It should be cheaper than a new BB.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

teachknowlegy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry 7750 will not connect to PC

This problem unfortunately is a real pain in the backside. I haven't found an answer to it, and although I have reloaded the software several times following the instructions above, the device still won't connect with the battery inside. Does anyone know the cause of it? I would be willing to replace the battery, but I'm stuck with the device. I'd like to be able to sync it. I can't sync or backup without the battery.

Thanks