Hey everyone, I just joined the forums today and thought that this would be the ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

Raphael no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Blackberry 7230 with BES?

Advertisement

Hey everyone, I just joined the forums today and thought that this would be the best place to ask some Blackberry questions that I have.

Basically, I bought a Blackbery 7230 today which is unlocked. I must say that I'm loving it already, although there are a few things that I'd like to get more knowledge about.

Is it possible at all for this device to interact with a BES server that I'm hosting for example. I already have an active Exchange Server, and I can easily make use of Blackberry Enterprise Server Express that RIM is offering. Seeing as the phoine is unlocked I am currently using Fido, but it doesn't matter in terms of data because I am able to use GPRS.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction and tell me if this is possible at all to do?

Thanks in advance!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Blackberry 7230 with BES?

Raphael, Welcome to PinStack.

Without your carrier supporting the Blackberry Network Data, you will not be able to set this up with your BES. Your connection between the BB and your BES requires access to the BB Network. And as I understand it Fido doesn't support access to the BB Network.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

So what you're saying is that I would have to have a plan specified with Blackberry to even be able to have any communication between the BES Server and my Blackberry?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi Raphael. Rcb is right on the money... Let us know if you have any more questions...

Alright, thanks for the input guys. I'll have to look into more options with other service providers such as Rogers.

bbpvpn no está en línea Stack level 2

Not sure where you're at (location), but we use Rogers and BES & MDS are included in our package. No need to pay any additional hosted bes fees. I would look around and see what else is available.

Quote Originally Posted by bbpvpn
    Not sure where you're at (location), but we use Rogers and BES & MDS are included in our package. No need to pay any additional hosted bes fees. I would look around and see what else is available.
    Oh, I never knew that. Regardless of the fact, Rogers really does overcharge for their data plans.

masterberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20255B3E

hello everyon. i need help. my mum found this blackberry 7230 with no accesories. what do i need to do to activate the enterprise activation?