Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

:cry: So I just baught this BB from a friend . Its my first one ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

heatherlb05 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down BB 7290 PLEASE ILL LOVE U FOREVER IF U HELP ;)

Advertisement

:cry: So I just baught this BB from a friend . Its my first one IM SOOOOO CONFUSED AND LOST . I need so much help its not funny...
    First.. I want to put pictures as my home page pic is that possible ?? and HOw..
    2nd. Ive been ready that i need to updrade my BB to OS4.1... How do i know what i am currently ?????
    3rd. How do i get ringtones ?
    Im sooo sad. Please someone with a biig heart and some patiences get ahold of me. My head hurts and im going to BED.. EMAIL ME PLEASE
    HeatherLB05@hotmail.com

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: BB 7290 PLEASE ILL LOVE U FOREVER IF U HELP ;)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok for the first question, pics. You can email them to your self to get them on your Blackberry then save them. Then its just a question of scrolling to them in your pictures album, click your track wheel and scroll to set as home screen. Hit your enter button and you are good.

The second, what OS are you? Go to options and click on ABOUT, it will tell you your OS version. You can also push your ALT, CAP and H at the same time. It will pull up your help screen and give you the same info.

Third, Ringtones. Check our downloads section. Just scroll up to the top and click on downloads. We have quite a few you can doanload from. 99% of them can be done OTA. That means you can download and install over the air with your Blackberry.

And Finally, Welcome to Pinstack. Now breathe deep. These Blackberrys are not as hard to learn as they seem. And we are always here to help.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello Heather, welcome to pinstack.com! John could not have put that any better, but if you need any more assistance please ask.

hay thanks !!!!
    SO I checked and im on OS 4.0 .. how to I upgrade????? THANKS U SOOO MUCH
    And how do i get the ringtones from my computer to there ..?? I know about Desktop manager i have put some other stuff on my BB .. but i tried to put the ring tone and it would not even C the file ..

PIN/ID
    3056468b

The ringtones need to be downloaded OTA, meaning from the web by visiting a site with your BB.

How to upgrade OS...

1. BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can't stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to retore your data.
    2. Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. The latest version is 4.1.0.8. If you need the latest version follow this link.
    3. Download OS 4.1 from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier)
    4. Install 4.1 using the .exe file you just downloaded.
    5. Connect your device to your PC via the USB cable.
    6. Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device.
    4.1 OS for 72909 TMO...
    http://www.t-mobileapps.com/download...tail.cfm?ID=60

ok soo oi went to try and put the ringtone on through desktop manager .. and I popped up withh all these updates for my BB . .and one said something 4.1 ... you think its updating to 4.1 ??? It said O.s 4.1

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Yes, that is OS 4.1 update.

U guys are sooooo AWSOME !!!

Ok So now that its doing that !!! THE MAIN MAIN Reason I wanted to update my O.S Is soo I could get themes .. NOW !! LOL how do i do that ? ? Can i do it through Desktop manager or do i have to come to this site on my BB ?? ? ? ?? ?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

The easiest way to get themes is to do it thru desktop manager...There are some OTA themes, but they are very rare to come across (mainly only RIM made themes).

There is a themes section here for different devices...

Just know that you are going to need the Plasmic theme reader installed on your device in order to get your device to recognize the themes.

OK ..
    What does OTA mean ??
    and do you know ware i get that Plasmic theme reader ?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Sorry, OTA means Over the Air (directly from your Blackberry browser downloaded directly onto your device).

The plasmic theme reader is a .cod program that installs onto your device that makes it possible to read 3rd party created themes.

Most of the themes have them attached in the Zip downloads, so if you see it, make sure you install it also.

how do i get the theme i make onto my BB ??

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Welcome Heather you couldn't be in better hands these two guys are brilliant

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by heatherlb05
    how do i get the theme i make onto my BB ??
    When you create a theme using Plazmic Theme Builder it will create 4 files. Two of them are for the Plazmic Theme Reader, 1 .alx and 1 .cod, and the other will be for the actual theme, again 1 .alx and 1 cod. Take all these files and put them together in one spot and when you load the Desktop manager and run the appliation loader you will see the .alx files only, and you will just click on each of them to load into your BB. YOu only need to load the Plazmic Theme Reader 1 time, after that you wont need it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast