Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just bought a BB 7290 from Ebay and for whatever reason it doesn't come ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

RicBKewL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2025CD9F

Question BB 7290 from Ebay with no browser

Advertisement

I just bought a BB 7290 from Ebay and for whatever reason it doesn't come with a browser I did notice an icon for "Enterprise Activation" (not sure what/how to use it). I sent this BB in to get unlocked to use for my T-mobile plan. I was using Motorola RAZR v3 with the web plan for $4.99/month. My question is, where can I download or activate the browser for my BB 7290 so I can access the web? Please help!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: BB 7290 from Ebay with no browser

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~your browser icon should pop up on the screen once you register with the tmo network.

PIN/ID
    2025CD9F

So you're saying that the browser icon will appear automatically if I get the signal from T-mobile long enough? That must be the problem, 'cause I dont get good signal at my home for T-mobile.

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

You need a BlackBerry Data Plan, not some unlimited GPRS package a BlackBerry Data Plan. No BlackBerry Data Plan no web, email, data apps etc. Once you have a BlackBerry Data Plan added to you plan the service books will be pushed to your device and you'll see you see your browser appear. No there's no work around.
    Quote Originally Posted by RicBKewL
    I just bought a BB 7290 from Ebay and for whatever reason it doesn't come with a browser I did notice an icon for "Enterprise Activation" (not sure what/how to use it). I sent this BB in to get unlocked to use for my T-mobile plan. I was using Motorola RAZR v3 with the web plan for $4.99/month. My question is, where can I download or activate the browser for my BB 7290 so I can access the web? Please help!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well sorta. First, do you have a Blackberry package from Tmo? They have a couple to choose from. Second, you need to register with the network. To register, Go to host routing table. Click your trackwheel. It should pull up the option. Click register now. You should get your icon then.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Another thing to consider is this:

When using desktop manager to add / remove applications, it is actually possible to NOT install the browser.

It may be that this particular BB was restricted by whoever was using it before you bought it to not use the browser by not installing it at all.

This is a "feature" for enterprise users who wish to diable certain applications on the device.

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Welcome to purchasing BB on eBay, here's to hoping when you activate your BlackBerry Data Plan that there's no IT Policy and the previous PIN/IMEI have been released!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If it still doesn't work, from the home screen, hold sly and click the trackwheel. Go to show all apps. Just throwing that in...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Definitely start with getting a Blackberry data plan as it's a prerequisite and you won't get a browser icon without it. If, after provisioning kicks in, it still doesn't show up, try registering. If that fails, call customer service and have them push the browser icon. If at that point, you still don't have a browser icon you will probably want to check into whether your device has an IT policy restricting browser access. In that case, you'll need to search on how to remove an IT policy or push a blank policy to your Blackberry.

PIN/ID
    2025CD9F

Thanks for being so helpful all! I called T-mobile PDA support and walked me through (not sure what they all were) but I got the browser working. Anyone know who has the cheapest program for BB users out of T-mobile, Cingular, Verizon, etc ?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by RicBKewL
    Thanks for being so helpful all! I called T-mobile PDA support and walked me through (not sure what they all were) but I got the browser working. Anyone know who has the cheapest program for BB users out of T-mobile, Cingular, Verizon, etc ?
    T-mobile has the cheapest data packages hands down

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Yes they do. I am on the Unlimited BIS plan for $29.99 USD. This plan has no minutes as I use my BB for messaging only. I also have the Unlimited Messaging Add-on for $14.99 USD and I have Equipment Protection (A MUST HAVE for peace of mind) for $5.99 USD. Here are a list of BIS and BES plans. If you are not on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, ignore those choices.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Plans

Plan name Whenever Minutes Weeknight Minutes Weekend Minutes Price per month

BlackBerry Unlimited w/Enterprise E-mail No minutes $39.99

BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Enterprise 1000 Whenever Minutes No Nights No Weekends $69.99

BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Enterprise Ultra 1500 Whenever Minutes No Nights No Weekends $89.99

BlackBerry Internet Service Plans

Plan name Whenever Minutes Weeknight Minutes Weekend Minutes Price per month

BlackBerry Unlimited No Whenever No Nights No Weekends $29.99

BlackBerry Minutes & Mail 1000 Whenever Minutes No Nights No Weekends $59.99

BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Ultra 1500 Whenever Minutes No Nights No Weekends $79.99

Hope this helps.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Nice info Erica! Please note, if you have a voice plan bundled with a BB data plan the price is $19.99 instead of $29.99.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Here's the plans, Whenever Minutes, Nights, Weekends and Prices for BIS and BES

BlackBerry Unlimited None Unlimited Unlimited $29.99
    BlackBerry Minutes & Mail 1000 Unlimited Unlimited $59.99
    BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Ultra 1500 Unlimited Unlimited $79.99

BlackBerry Unlimited w/Enterprise E-mail None Unlimited Unlimited $39.98
    BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Enterprise 1000 Unlimited Unlimited $69.99
    BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Enterprise Ultra1500 Unlimited Unlimited $89.99

Here's the link http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Plans/D...ackBerry%c2%ae I don't see the 19.99 plan. I thought that was an Add-on.

aosmith Guest

If none of that works you can always download th latest handheld software from tmo and install that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast