Hey everyone. I just joined the forums in a shameless attempt to solve my Blackberry ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

SilenceViper no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down BB 7290 Crisis

Advertisement

Hey everyone. I just joined the forums in a shameless attempt to solve my Blackberry issue. I managed to get a hold of the 7290 model, and I have yet to uncover all its potentials. I've browsed the boards a bit and have an idea of what might be required to fix the issue at hand, but unfortunately I haven't succeeded. Thus, I'd like someone to really help me out here, because I bought this phone and its been sitting there gathering dust. Here's the situation:

I want ringtones, background images and MSN on the thing. On the About section on the Blackberry itself, it lists that it is V4.1.0.309 (Platform 1.8.0.147). It was originally a Rogers phone. However, I had it unlocked so it would work with my Fido SIM card. I did get a hold of a Desktop Manager program, but I have no idea how it works. Its version number is 4.0.1.10, and doesn't seem to sync with my phone. I'm not sure how to upload any programs anyways onto the phone, along with pictures and ringtones. If anyone can help me out, I'll be grateful. I hope someone knows how to fix my situation. The person that sold me the phone has no ideas and neither do people around here. Oh, and one last thing. I'm currently on Windows Vista. I'm not sure if that information is relevant.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: BB 7290 Crisis

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ There is a way to install ringtones without a data plan. Search for "ringtones without a data plan" without the quotes and you will find it. I would post the link but I'm not at my pc right now.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ When he said he wants MSN he means MSN Messenger which is part of the OZ IM package that should be on the phone or downloaded and installed. Beware that this uses text messages. It could get costly. Go to www.blackberry.com and download BlackBerry Messenger, Google Talk Messenger, and Yahoo Messenger. There are also other programs that provide MSN Messenger access. Hope this helps.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

SilenceViper no está en línea Stack level 1

I've tried several MSN Messenger clients, but none seem to work. Is there a way to use it without a data plan? I've seen someone use Windows Live! Messenger on their LG Chocolate. Certainly there must be some way for Blackberries to do this. What's the best ones to use?

You will need a BlackBerry Data package for that.