Results 1 to 7 of 7

hey guys, I have the 7250 and somtimes when I check, it looks like the ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

  1. #1
    bashar's Avatar
    bashar no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30

    BB 7250: Wrong Date but correct time.

    Advertisement



    hey guys,
    I have the 7250 and somtimes when I check, it looks like the Date is the wrong one but the time is the exact time.

    So instead of showing:
    Thu, Oct 26
    10:25 AM

    It shows:
    Wed, Oct 25
    10:25 AM

    It always seems to be 1 day behind.

    Time Zone is set to:
    Eastern Time (-5)
    GMT -05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

    When I do want to correct the Date, I just go to the Date & Time section, click the tracker wheel and click on Update Time.

    Is there a problem hardware wise or software wise that I could look into?

    For the Date/Time Source, I had it setup for Network and I changed it to Blackberry just to see if that Date problem will happen again. If it does, what could I look into to fix this problem?


    Thanks,
    Bashar

  2. #2
    N8DBB's Avatar
    N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: BB 7250: Wrong Date but correct time.

    Yeah...Check this out because I have done it before.

    You aren't synching with a computer that is one day behind are you?

    I know, it sounds like a dumb question, but I synched with a computer once that was set on Hong Kong time (don't ask why I set computers to Hong Kong time) and it automatically set my date and time to the same date and time on the computer.

    May want to check your computer settings and make sure you're on the same day and time.

  3. #3
    db869's Avatar
    db869 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    51

    Re: BB 7250: Wrong Date but correct time.

    If you are using Desktop Manager to sync the BB you should turn off the option to update the BB time. You can find the check box in the Intellisync settings. I have never found a good reason to leave this turned on (I let the BB get the time from the network).


    Dave

  4. #4
    Rcbjr's Avatar
    Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Posts
    14,848

    Re: BB 7250: Wrong Date but correct time.

    bashar, Are your Date/Time settings for Date/Time Source set to Network? What does your Network Time say there? Try setting it to Blackberry or OFF and see if that corrects the problem. I've heard that some carriers (Nextel, I believe) have a problem with the Network time.

    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

  5. #5
    bashar's Avatar
    bashar no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30

    Re: BB 7250: Wrong Date but correct time.

    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Yeah...Check this out because I have done it before.

    You aren't synching with a computer that is one day behind are you?

    I know, it sounds like a dumb question, but I synched with a computer once that was set on Hong Kong time (don't ask why I set computers to Hong Kong time) and it automatically set my date and time to the same date and time on the computer.

    May want to check your computer settings and make sure you're on the same day and time.
    Quote Originally Posted by db869
    If you are using Desktop Manager to sync the BB you should turn off the option to update the BB time. You can find the check box in the Intellisync settings. I have never found a good reason to leave this turned on (I let the BB get the time from the network).


    Dave
    Hey guys,
    No i am not using Desktop manager to sync anything between my Blackberry and computer. I only use the Desktop Manager to do my regular backup to my blackberry data. I dont sync anything else with it. For e-mail, I use the Telus webmail account that also goes to my blackberry.


    Thanks!

  6. #6
    bashar's Avatar
    bashar no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30

    Re: BB 7250: Wrong Date but correct time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    bashar, Are your Date/Time settings for Date/Time Source set to Network? What does your Network Time say there? Try setting it to Blackberry or OFF and see if that corrects the problem. I've heard that some carriers (Nextel, I believe) have a problem with the Network time.

    Rcbjr.
    hey Rcbjr,
    I did change the Time to be picked up from Blackberry and not the network. I'll see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then I will leave it.


    Thanks

  7. #7
    jfcayron's Avatar
    jfcayron no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1

    Smile Re: BB 7250: Wrong Date but correct time.

    My device is a 7520.
    The Network time seems always off, with a correct time.
    Today is 12/7, the network time shows 12/8.

    Is it a problem with the network itself, or the software in the BB that translates it wrong?

    Any idea?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •