I have a 7290 & is there anyway to block calls that I don't want? ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Question anyway to block calls?

Advertisement

I have a 7290 & is there anyway to block calls that I don't want? Also, while in the phone screen and then click on options > General Options > scroll down to > Restrict My Idendity < What does that meab and do?
    Thanks!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: anyway to block calls?

I have not yet found a way to block specific numbers on the BB. If one comes in that I don't want, I hit Ignore.

Restrict my identity should hide your number from showing up when you call someone.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Here is the solution:

Go to profiles, under the (Loud, Quiet, etc) is a section entitled "use active profile except for:" Important Calls.

This is known as an exception. You are free to create additional exceptions. I made one for blocked calls. Then I simply add the phone numbers I want blocked. Or if I don't know the number once a call comes in that I want blocked it can be added at that time.

Another beneficial way this exception list can be used is if you do not want any calls to ring unless it's a family member or other important person. Very handy.

For specific instructions, rear the help files contained in the help icon on the start screen.

Cheers...
    ~via BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ with that creation of exception rules in profiles u don't really block a caller which is what was asked u are only able to choose mute and select a list of callers and when anyone on that list calls the fone simply will be muted but still ring.I don't think there is a real way to completely block a unwanted caller..I wish there was I have had a need for this in the past and I'm sure I will in the future..darn "Stalkers" lol

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Yes it only mutes the call. Sorry about that. I remembered that just after I pushed "send".

I know what you want to accomplish & unfortunately (to the best of my knowledge) there is no way to do that on a BB.

With all the nice features, that's one we are missing.

Cheers

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

There's an app that I had downloaded for my 8700g called Berry Blocker and it blocks calls that you designate as well as certain area codes, prefixes, etc. I paid 9.95 for the registration code. I'm not sure if that app is still available. You can google Berry Blocker and see if it is still out there or check here on the stacks. Its a great program. The Treo and Windows Mobile devices have quite a few apps that block calls. I believe the developer of Berry Blocker is Elfire Sol or Sol Elfire.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

samluthra no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2501BE9B

i installed this programme "berrryBlocker" and its not working. not blocking the balls .. can anyone help me out..
    Cheers

kunalakajim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    214EFD7A

My sony ericsson had this as an in built feature, RIM must pick some features form sony like this and call recording... etc
    Better Times Ahead

Jim
    PIN - 2052B397
    Email - kunalakajim@gmail.com