I am having a very hard time getting my Cingular 7290 paired with other phones. ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

derelict727 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Am I missing something?

Advertisement

I am having a very hard time getting my Cingular 7290 paired with other phones. There are files that people are trying to send me and I cannot seem to be found when I click my discovorable mode on. What am I missing?

Also, I found a photo on the web and I sent it to myself, but I have no idea how to save the image. It is a gif file, and I have the URL saved, but I just need to know how to save the image and not the URL. I'd like to save the file so I can set it as a background. I thought I kenw my stuff, but I'm getting frustrated with this whole BB thing...

Thanks...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Am I missing something?

As of right now, you cannot send or receive files via bluetooth, only email. To save a picture, open the email, click on the attachment, click Retrieve and when it opens, click Save. It will be in your Pictures application. Then, to set it as a background, go to Pictures, find the one you want to use and "Save As Home Screen Image."

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    As of right now, you cannot send or receive files via bluetooth, only email.To save a picture, open the email, click on the attachment, click Retrieve and when it opens, click Save. It will be in your Pictures application. Then, to set it as a background, go to Pictures, find the one you want to use and "Save As Home Screen Image."
    How come I cannot transfer BT files w/ a bluetooth device? I'm lost.

Now the photo IS the URL that I want to save...I basically sent the URL of the photo to my email BB email address, not the photo/attatchment itself... any ideas???

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you should be able to save the picture from the webpage. Its been awhile for me. I normally use Berry Pix 2.0 to get the pic on my BB.

The restrections on BT is a security feature. That may chane in the next OS and with the newer devices.

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you should be able to save the picture from the webpage. Its been awhile for me. I normally use Berry Pix 2.0 to get the pic on my BB.

The restrections on BT is a security feature. That may chane in the next OS and with the newer devices.

OK. I thought that may have been an issue w/ the BT. Are there any new BBs that can transfer BT files? Like the 7130 or 8700?

Thanks for the replys.

What is Berry Pix 2.0? Where can I get it?

OK- I figured it out- It's as easy as saving the image, then emailing the attacment, opening the attachment on the BB then saving it that way. I am an idiot.
    My thanks to both of you EricaJ1073 and Melissaox for your help. Much appreciated.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No! You are not an idiot!

You did buy a BlackBerry, so that is one step further away from idiocy.

Bluetooth has various services available. Some Bluetooth devices are completely wide open (Nokia Symbian phones, for example). RIM chose to make BlackBerry devices limited to headsets (and perhaps keyboards).

Currently, no BlackBerry device can use Bluetooth for file transfer.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Just to add to what Lewis said, the Blootooth on Blackberries os ONLY for headsets at this time. The reason for this is that a very large portion of the blackberry market is in the Gov. And for security reasons, they cant have blootooth, or cameras, or removable memory cards, etc.

There are some models on the horizon that will have some of these features that will begin the trend of having a "consumer" line that will have the wiz-bang features such as a camera or MP3 player.

Thanks for all the comments, folks. It makes sense now about the security purposes and bluetooth and camera and cards and such. Thanks again. So much knowldge here I feel I can get an answer to anything about Blackberry! Great forum here.

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

As of right now, on a 7290, only wireless headsets/earpieces and some cars' hands free bluetooth systems can be used.