Where can I get information on my BB? I just bought one used and I'm ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

derelict727 no está en línea Stack level 2

All the 7290 Cingular BB info I can get!

Advertisement

Where can I get information on my BB? I just bought one used and I'm wondering what I should do next. I understand that I have to get the BIS stuff done, but I've been wondering what else I can do, too.
    I've been a "lurker" on this forum for a while and finally decided to register to do a search, so far I've found some info, (not too much though)on my 7290. I do work in the wireless industry, so I am mostly familier w/ what the BB service is and how it works and I will NOT be using my corp. BES. I'll use the cingular website to set up my email service, so that will be OK, but I just want to know what else I can do w/ my BB.

Couple questions, will having bought it used make any difference? What affect will it have on my PIN? What else does the PIN do other than being able to message other BB users? Will the previous owner need to do anything to "release" the PIN or the IMEI or something? I guess what I'm asking is, what risks do I run with having bought it used?

Also, how do I tell what software version I have? What is the optimum software version? What should I be looking for in this area?

Next, where can I get my apps, themes, tones, wallpapers, etc for it? I've seen the ones on this site, and I'm wondering if there are other sites out there that you might reccommend. Thanks.

Is there a section on Pinstack dedicated to just 7290/Cingular BB discussions? Just curious.

Any help, opinions, thoughts, suggestions, websites or anything regarding the 7290 will help and are encouraged. Thanks again.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: All the 7290 Cingular BB info I can get!

Welcome to pinstack. I know nothing about cingular or the 7290, so I don't want to point you wrong. There is a 7200 forum as you have found. There is also a Cingular forum here as well.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~maybe I could help you I got a 7290 on rogers but mostly this is the same thing so feel free to message or pin could be easier to explain it to you

dhaffey no está en línea Stack level 1

Q: Couple questions, will having bought it used make any difference? What affect will it have on my PIN? What else does the PIN do other than being able to message other BB users? Will the previous owner need to do anything to "release" the PIN or the IMEI or something? I guess what I'm asking is, what risks do I run with having bought it used?

Answer: Nothing really. The thumbwheel may be worn out or the qwerty keys may stick. It depends on how heavy a user they were!

Q: Also, how do I tell what software version I have? What is the optimum software version? What should I be looking for in this area?

Answer: I Have 4.1 on my Cingular 7290 and LOVE IT! Lots more features, well for me. 4.1 desktop and handheld. Here is where you can start to find Handheld and desktop software!

Ummm...I can't post urls. Just go to Blackberry dot com

[

Q: Next, where can I get my apps, themes, tones, wallpapers, etc for it? I've seen the ones on this site, and I'm wondering if there are other sites out there that you might reccommend. Thanks.

Answer: Pinstack of course! Handango is another. just search the web! mobile.blackberry.com is another good place. Some free games, themes, and IM stuff.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

As for knowing what version OS you have, press the following at the same time.

Alt+Cap+H and it will bring up an info screen...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

And just incase, the ALT key on the 7290 is the funky key with the distorted half moon on the bottom left of the keyboard.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

derelict727 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for all the help and info, folks.

godrocksus1 no está en línea Stack level 1

You should know, I have a 7290 with os4.1. I loaded a bunch of themes from pinstack and i get a strange Java error. If you ignore the error, then it locks up and you have to remove the battery. I don't know if it's a pinstack thing but There is at least one other person in this forus that has done the same thing with the same results. We aren't sure why this is happening. Good luck.