Hi: My colleugue has BB7730 and I was unable to help him activate his yahoo ... Blackberry 7700/7200 & older forum

jeffery no está en línea Stack level 2

activating 7730 for Internet mail

Advertisement

Hi:

My colleugue has BB7730 and I was unable to help him activate his yahoo mail but was able to activate BES. there is no icon for email settings. Is there an alternate way of activating the internet mail? Or how do I get the icon of email settings back?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: activating 7730 for Internet mail

First, if your "colleague" is on a BES, IT policy may prevent setting up Internet email.

That said, it's just a Web site. Most US Provider's links are at the bottom of this page. You can set it up on either the BlackBerry or on a computer. If you haven't set up the BIS account, it's a bit easier to use your BlackBerry to do that since the IMEI number should populate automatically. It's easier to set up the actual email accounts on a computer.
    JerryD

I don't think is IS policy as my BB works fine. the email settings icon is not available in his BB and he is currently tsaying in HK. When you mentioned the email account on the computer, the service provider in HK does not have a web site on this. Any other alternative?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

There is no setup internet email icon on the 7730 last time I looked at mine a few days ago.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jeffery
    I don't think is IS policy as my BB works fine. the email settings icon is not available in his BB and he is currently tsaying in HK. When you mentioned the email account on the computer, the service provider in HK does not have a web site on this. Any other alternative?
    Go to your provider's web site. They probably have the link there.
    JerryD

tried searching under smartone-vodaphone HK, could not find anything..and they are saying once BES canoot have internet mail.